CO Legislative Energy Policy
Read a complete overview of the 2019 Legislative Session. COSSA has begun to evaluate our priorities for the 2020 Legislative Session. Make sure to join one of our member-only meetings in July or August.
Public Utility Commission Engagement
COSSA is currently engaged with PUC docket 19R-0096E. This particular rulemaking (known by stakeholders as the Mother of All Rulemakings) covers 6 areas of the Commission’s Electric Utility Rules:
- Electric Resource Planning (ERP Rules)
- Renewable Energy Standard (RES Rules)
- Net Metering (NEM Rules)
- Community Solar Gardens (CSG Rules)
- Provisions for utility purchases from Qualifying Facilities (QF Rules)
- Interconnections Standards and Procedures (Interconnection Rules)
Make sure to join our Policy Committee to contribute your thoughts and concerns about this docket.
Looking for a particular piece of legislation? Visit the Colorado General Assembly website for a comprehensive listing of current and past legislation.
Key State Laws of Interest to the Solar and Storage Community
- HR19-1003 : Community Solar Gardens Modernization Act
- SB19-236 : Sunset Public Utilities Commission
- SB13-252 : Renewable Energy Standard Retail Wholesale Methane
- HB11-1199 : Fair Permit Act
- HB10-1342 : Community Solar Gardens
- HB10-1001 : Renewable Energy Standard 30% by 2020
- SB09-51 : Net Metering & 3rd Party Financing
- HB07-1281 : Renewable Energy Standard for Co-op Utilities