Board of Directors & Staff
COSSA is the trade association leading Colorado’s solar and storage industries. The organization is led by seasoned professionals in collaboration with the Board of Directors, committee members, and volunteer leaders from across the industries.
Board of Directors
COSSA’s strategy is guided by an experienced Board of Directors consisting of solar and storage industry leaders. The Board of Directors are generally elected by a vote of the membership, serve two-year terms and oversee the organization, meeting monthly.
The 2019 Board of Directors are:
- Nick Perugini, Chair, (Solaris Energy)
- Roger Freeman, Vice Chair, (Attorney at Law)
- Kate Collardson, Secretary, (CertainTeed Solar)
- Eliot Abel, Treasurer, (Namaste)
- Evelyn Carpenter (Solas Energy Consulting)
- Doug Carter (Io Development)
- Bill Clay, Codes and Standards Committee Chair, (Solar Power Pros)
- Noah Eckert (Community Energy)
- Tom Figel (Grid Alternatives)
- Andrea Guajardo (Rural Project Services)
- Taylor Henderson (Outshine Energy)
- Matthew Knoedler (Attorney at Law)
- Thad Kurowski (Tesla)
- J.W. Postal (Nikola Power)
- Jessica Reinhardt (Sunrun)
Executive Leadership & Staff
Mike Kruger, President & CEO
Mr. Kruger has served as the President and CEO of COSSA since October 2018. Previously, he was the Director of Communications for the Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) in Washington, DC. He oversaw all public communications for the organization, including public speaking engagements, research reports and the annual SEPA Power Players Awards program. Prior to joining SEPA, Kruger was the Deputy Director of Communications for the U.S. Department of Commerce under the Obama Administration. He also served on the communications staff for the U.S. House of Representatives Education and Labor Committee. Kruger earned a Master of Arts in Education and Social Justice from the University of London and a Bachelor of Arts in History from Western Washington University. When he’s not explaining the wonders of the electric grid, you can find him watching baseball.
Griffin Crafts, Membership Manager
Mr. Crafts was previously a design engineer for Tesla, Inc’s energy department. He used custom software tools to design residential photovoltaic solar/Tesla Powerwall systems while working cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams. As membership manager, he fosters positive connections between members of the solar and storage industries around the state. Mr. Crafts earned a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Villanova University.