Sunsense Solar (the Company) seeks a hard-working, compassionate and creative individual to serve as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Demonstrated success in building healthy business operations and culture is required. Previous background in construction and/or renewable energy is highly desirable. Persons considered for this position will be well versed in all business matters and be a strong leader able to provide collaborative guidance that enhances performance in a way that incorporates the Company’s vision and culture.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, and continuing to improve upon the sustainability, both operationally and financially, of the Company. Additionally, the CEO is responsible for setting objectives and communicating the vision/long-term planning, values, and culture of the Company as required by the Board of Directors or other Ownership. The CEO identifies market risks and opportunities and ensures appropriate strategies are in place. The CEO is responsible for ensuring the Company collaborates and executes as a Team. The CEO is the principal leader in advancing the Sunsense mission of commitment to our clients and our community.
This is a full-time position based in our Carbondale, Colorado office. Some travel to conferences and other related events may be required.
- The CEO shall oversee and participate in the following business functions, as appropriate:
- Leadership: Work in concert with the Board of Directors, Management Team, all Company employees and Company associates to execute strategic vision and leadership in fulfillment of the Company’s mission.
- Fiduciary: Take appropriate steps to gain all relevant information before making a decision (Duty of Care). Acting in the best interests of the company and its owners (Duty of Loyalty). Fully inform both the Board of Directors and Owners regarding major issues facing the business (Duty of Disclosure).
- Legal: Contract review, external dispute resolution.
- Efficiency: Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve degrees of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Business Development: Grow long-term relationships with policy, planning, and development partners.
- Marketing: Ability to assess and provide guidance in reputation building and promoting the Company brand.
- Finance: Monitor accounting functions, tax and financial reporting and spending controls in concert with the Company Controller.
- Human Resources: Assist internal and external HR personnel in crafting policies and procedures, hiring and firing, internal dispute resolution, employee reviews, compliance and benefits administration.
- Plan and execute the strategy of the Company for entry into and the ongoing competition in new & existing markets and revenue streams.
- Identify internal and external challenges and opportunities. Lead planning to find solutions.
- Ensure consistent and accurate reporting of appropriate Company performance to Board of Directors and all employees, including Management Team, and front-line Team members.
- Maintain the Sunsense pillars of Safety, Quality, Service, Profitability and Culture.
- Understand local, regional, and federal solar and renewable energy policy and its impacts on the Company.
- Seek input from and engage employees at all levels to improve processes and increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Management Team to ensure cohesive processes across Company.
- Continue to improve personally and professionally through training and self-practice.
- Proven experience as CEO, General Manager, Business Manager, or relevant role.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Thorough understanding of business processes and strategy development.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Marketing, HR, and Finance.
- Experience working within an Employee Ownership structure.
- Starting/negotiable salary range of $120-$150k.
- 90-day and Annual Performance Reviews by Board of Directors.
- Health Care Package
- Holidays, Vacation and Wellness PTO
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Relocation Stipend (as appropriate)
- Employee Ownership (transition in progress)
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Given the nature of the solar market, the candidate we seek must be energized by the rapid change occurring within a growing industry and thrive in an environment where uncertainty is commonplace. The candidate must be comfortable interacting with diverse people from all walks of life and with a wide range of agendas. This requires presenting a consistent and authentic persona when meeting with any individual or group.
The ideal candidate will have the capacity to lead through adherence to structure…with a degree of flexibility. To lead with both discipline and compassion. The ideal candidate will be willing to lead by example and to participate at whatever level is necessary to build credibility and further the vision of the Company and the industry. Belief and commitment to the mitigation of Climate Change and the roll of renewable energy should be inherent and forthright in this goal.
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time