To be an unstoppable force in the responsible energy transition, rethinking conventional forms of energy and helping everyone do the same.
To power the world with creative and proven renewable energy solutions.
SunShare started a movement in 2011 with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Over a decade later, we’ve created something even bigger — a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner. SunShare is America’s oldest and most experienced community solar company. We develop, own, operate, and subscribe all of our projects, providing our customers and stakeholders an unparalleled experience. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners, and renters should be easy and affordable, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to enjoy clean, solar energy. SunShare is a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly driven company, having developed more than 120 MWs of operational solar projects for both large and small utilities. Our unique focus is developing and operating community-based solar projects. Headquartered in Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world. All full time SunShare employees are treated as company owners and receive equity ownership in the form of stock options.
- Identify target community solar market opportunities and develop a go-to market strategy, budget, hiring plan, success metrics, and land acquisition strategy
- Recruit and manage a team to accomplish the merits based on the timelines set forth in the development plan
- Quickly deploy the land acquisition strategy to efficiently secure site control in the target market
- Coordinate with internal and external engineering and GIS specialists on due diligence and project deliverables
- Navigate the interconnection process with the utilities, tracking all milestones, due dates, fees, etc.
- Monitor and analyze market factors, including new legislation/regulation
- Maintain well-established and productive relations with utilities and other potential clients
- Identify and develop business opportunities and portfolio acquisition opportunities
- Secure land use permits and other pre-construction approvals, as needed
- Prepare projects for construction commencement
- Prepare budget requests to obtain internal approvals for major expenses and associated development plans
- Work with the finance team to assess viability of emerging opportunities; understand project financing models and actively help finance and business development team screen project opportunities
- Drive goals to completion and report back to the Chief Operating Officer on status of developing projects
- 5+ years of proven community solar development experience
- Thorough understanding of the DG solar markets, interconnection processes, permitting processes, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present the SunShare story as a true professional to customers and partners
- Ability to forge relationships and build consensus with key stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be action-oriented with the ability to be both tactical and strategic
- Hands-on experience with recruiting, hiring, and training
- No “desk jockeys” – must be willing to travel, meet with landowners, regulators, potential channel partners, and whomever else will be instrumental in building a market quickly, efficiently, and effectively
Base salary of $120,000-$150,000, depending on experience, plus bonuses based on metrics designed to achieve a target bonus of 20% of the base salary. Additionally, every full-time employee of SunShare receives stock options in the company, with the goal of allowing employees to participate in the increased value that they create. This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, and eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling-basis until position is filled.