Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Be an integral part of how solar and other energy resources connect to Xcel Energy’s grid as a Senior Business Operations Consultant located in Colorado as part of the renewable choice programs team. This role is responsible for day-to-day cross-functional team collaboration and delivery of the solar customer experience through the interconnection process. Provides guidance, recommendations and consultation to management focused on improving business operational results and processes including design, development, integration and implementation of day-to-day processes and technology solutions; proactively analyze variances in processes across Operating Companies in order to discover root causes and develop best practices. Drives consistency and change by providing expertise and leadership to facilitate continuous process improvement and to champion change. Partners in creation and development of training materials including delivery as appropriate. Develops and leverages a thorough understanding of and experience in the respective business unit and experience to lead the organization to increase efficiencies, ensure consistency, and added value. Helps to ensure that the organization assumes responsibility for the sustainment of improvement gains over the long term.
- Analyze business issues to document and improve day-to-day process issues impacting performance. Develop recommendations that provide consistency among jurisdictions, simplify processes when able, and provide quality assurance analysis as deemed appropriate. Be responsive to employees’ needs and provide guidance for success. Provide specific performance improvement strategies and recommendations to management that increase productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Support and/or lead organizational teams to manage process improvement projects to successful implementation by: understanding key business issues, clarifying project objectives and linking to business objectives; understand customer and business needs and making adjustments to processes and technology; work with key business partners to create and design the new process, organization and technology solutions; plan and coordinate implementation; and track ongoing performance.
- See best practices and incorporate them through the organization to continually improve processes. Lead and work with business unit leaders and employees on the activities necessary to continuously improve performance and institutionalize changes. Considered a subject matter advisor (SMA) for business unit’s operational and process performance.
- Communicate the critical project elements and gain organizational buy-in to successfully complete continuous improvement projects identified by respective business unit and/or our partners. Create improvement projects which integrate organizational and technology changes. Effectively assist others in managing change.
- Develop and create training materials, instructions and policies throughout entire service territory. Lead training sessions to ensure consistency of processes is obtained.
- Actively participate in other initiatives and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years of experience in process management, process improvement, and/or relevant operations practices required.
- Relevant experience strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge/competency of relevant design/construction/O&M practices, including estimating procedures and extension policies.
- Demonstrated ability with training and policy development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Travel will be required.
- Lean process improvement experience
- MBA in business operations or related field
- Familiarity with salesforce.com reporting and analytics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent functional work team leadership skills
- PMP or project management experience
- Solar or other distributed energy resource experience
- Knowledge of Colorado interconnection rules and processes