Our mission at GoodWe is to become a major driving force in the global energy transition. GoodWe was founded in 2010 and is one of the top five leading global solar inverter and battery storage manufacturers. Our team at GoodWe US Inc. is growing quickly and we need a customer-focused leader for the service and after sales team.
Are you interested in developing your career in the rapidly growing solar industry or entering this field? This may be an opportunity for you to build a winning team. What you will be doing: Conduct training, field support, and case management with solar installers. The candidate will provide technical support in the North American market. The work environment is hybrid (1-3 days in office), and the candidate is based in the Denver area. The service organization is a strategically important factor for growth.
- Lead the service and after sales team to excel service and exceed customer expectations.
- Manage local contracting R&D and repair center in the Denver area, forming the service team.
- Resolve tier 2 cases and determine next actions.
- Coach and train external tier 1 team weekly to minimize tier 2 transfers.
- Manage by performance management metrics and lead by example.
- Establish training systems and create training materials.
- Execute the contract with local service partner.
- Work with HQ and the country manager to develop and run service budget.
- Execute RMA process to reach highest customer satisfaction while carefully deciding on RMA cases.
- Responsible for developing solutions to optimize the local service quality including technical guidance, service respond time, spare unit pool management, faulty unit disposal, total costs.
- Train and consult newly onboarded installers to achieve best product and solutions experience.
- Provide weekly service reports to all stakeholders to manage and request support.
- Manage and support beta test sites in close collaboration with sales and customers.
- Perform beta testing and commissioning in the R&D and repair center.
Required experience and competence.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or the equivalent of work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical service and support.
- Professional experience in working with solar inverters preferred. The minimum requirement is experience in a technical area, working in either B2C or B2B space.
- A self-driven working mind set, willing to dig in and find out problems.
- We expect an enthusiastic team player, willing to communicate across departments with cross-functional leadership skills.
- 2-3 years of team management or project experience; familiar with goal setting and coaching.
- International mindset for a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Proven customer focus with bottom line in mind.
- Based in the Denver area and willing to spend 2-3 days per week in the office or repair center. If the candidate lives outside of this area, self-funding of relocation is expected.
- Wiling to travel on a short notice in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. Base salary range: $ 85,000.00-$110,000.00. An additional performance bonus applies.