Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. Silicon Ranch has the largest utility scale agrivoltaics portfolio in the country under Regenerative Energy®, its nationally recognized holistic approach to project design, construction, and land management. This model incorporates regenerative ranching and other regenerative land management practices to restore soil health, biodiversity, and water quality. In 2021, Silicon Ranch acquired Clearloop, which helps businesses of all sizes reclaim their carbon footprint with a direct investment in building new solar projects while helping to bring renewable energy and economic development to American regions most at risk of being left behind.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Senior Engineering Project Manager
Overview: As a Sr. Engineering Project Manager, you will provide engineering management and oversight to solar photovoltaic generation facility projects. Has ultimate responsibility for execution, schedule, and budget for engineering deliverables. Has direct responsibility for managing and directing internal engineering department deliverables as well as any outsource engineering to assure the design meets the requirements of Silicon Ranch, contract commitments and good engineering practices. Plans and directs engineering resources on projects. Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Where outsourcing is utilized, will coordinate and liaison with engineering to assure consistency in design deliverables.
- Review detailed layout design for SRC’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project constraints to maximize project value.
- Assess deliverable needs, prepare budget, and schedule, and communicate resource requirements to management.
- Lead and supervise the assembled project engineering team in execution of deliverables.
- Analyze available meteorological datasets and utilize MCP (measure-correlate-predict to assess project resource characteristics
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare project energy yield assessments and other production profile deliverables such as 8760s and daily production.
- Projects may include feasibility studies, business development support, site assessments, conceptual design packages, or detailed designs for permitting and construction.
- Support technical design reviews for Solar Plants and Substations including reviews of drawings, calculations, and reports.
- Supervise the development, review, check, and approval of design engineering deliverables.
- Ensure industry design codes and standards are evaluated and applied.
- Gather and review applicable codes, standards, and vendor and client requirements and communicate requirements to project team.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Analyze options to optimize cost and scheduling.
- Acts as liaison with Project Management, senior management on matters relating to engineering progress, quality, scope, and technical/permitting issues as well as interface with Silicon Ranch team members on technical issues.
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Support the Project Execution team during the commissioning process and project close out.
- Encourage and engage in continuous learning opportunities.
- Spearhead multiple team initiatives to support the continued growth of the engineering project management team. Manage and train junior team members.
Reporting: Manager of Engineering Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline (i.e. BSEE, BSME, BSCE).
- PE License a plus
- Minimum experience of 10 years project engineering in the design/build, EPC. Or a Minimum 7+ years in EPC, with a Minimum 5 years of direct solar industry experience.
- Must have experience in reviewing 30/60/90/IFC design drawings, be familiar with reviewing/responding to RFI’s and submittals.
- Project experience to include management of engineering design and planning, estimating, permitting and contracts, codes and regulations, procurement, construction, testing, commission, turnover, and documentation.
- Familiarity with applicable local codes and regulations.
- Successful track record of leading engineering teams on mid to large projects in power or related industries.
- Management and leadership of engineering teams.
- Ability to perform work and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Must possess technical knowledge of related engineering systems and applications, engineering calculations, construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computer programs.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures and proficiency in spreadsheet and project scheduling tools.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong computing skills, successful candidate shall be proficient in MS Office Suite, BlueBeam, PVSyst, and Procore. AutoCAD experience a plus.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org