Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. Silicon Ranch has the largest utility scale agrivoltaics portfolio in the country under Regenerative Energy®, its nationally recognized holistic approach to project design, construction, and land management. This model incorporates regenerative ranching and other regenerative land management practices to restore soil health, biodiversity, and water quality. In 2021, Silicon Ranch acquired Clearloop, which helps businesses of all sizes reclaim their carbon footprint with a direct investment in building new solar projects while helping to bring renewable energy and economic development to American regions most at risk of being left behind.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Associate, Project Development
Location: Remote or Nashville, TN
Overview: This position is responsible for supporting Silicon Ranch’s greenfield site development strategy. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing team.
- In this position, the Associate will assist other Project Development team members with creating and maintaining site trackers, conducting desktop analyses, and independent research to guide the company’s project siting efforts, and generally support the group’s processes and project development efforts across a significant project portfolio.
- We are seeking a well-organized individual with exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills. A strong candidate will have an intuitive understanding of an energy project’s economics and ability to maintain the big picture while having outstanding attention to detail. Growth and development in the role will come commensurate with the individual’s learning and expertise.
- This position will require travel and interaction with landowners, attorneys, and other stakeholder organizations. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently to solve problems and create value through the site location process. They must be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, working under pressure, and adapting to new or changing situations rapidly.
- Essential responsibilities will include business development and project development support, including project development-related tasks and site selection work. Must coordinate work with others in multi-disciplinary teams and work collaboratively to develop and communicate effective solutions to problems as they arise.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work in order to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets, and project
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining project records.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication
- Represent the organization professionally with landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Manager, Project Development
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Up to 2 years of work experience in project management, land development, Real Estate, or community/economic development.
Technical: Exposure to the US energy and/or renewable market desirable.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com