Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Site Survey Technician is responsible for performing site surveys on upcoming projects. Site surveys are required on all projects in order to provide the Design and Engineering group the required information to accurately build and permit the project plans for installation.
- Performs site survey appointments as scheduled, collecting site information and preparing deliverable packages for downstream teams
- Provides detailed information regarding structural and electrical systems
- Provides detailed roof quality information and measurements
- Takes and captures clear photos of site survey deliverables
- Safely perform sUAS (drone) operations in residential areas that are FAA approved for flight
- Create a positive customer experience, discussing Project details, documenting and communicating concerns internally
- Use software systems to record progress of various tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure a clean handoff on Projects to internal teams and take action when necessary to keep the Project pipeline moving
- Supports the branch admin team with organization as it pertains to Site Survey deliverables
- Must become FAA Part 107 licensed and Sunrun drone trained
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year previous field construction experience preferred
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Within 90 days of employment, must pass the FAA Part 107 knowledge exam and acquire a Remote Pilot rating for sUAS commercial operations
- PV design or PV Electrical experience is preferred
- Drone experience and/or remote pilot rating for sUAS commercial operations is preferred
- PV installation experience is preferred
- Knowledge of local jurisdictional code requirements is preferred
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently)
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces which requires kneeling and crouching
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage
- Ability to work in the sun and possibly low light conditions
Recruiter:Elisa Nunez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:$21.73 to $27.16
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or perform your job if you are employed, please let us know by contacting Kelly Wittman, Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.