Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Staff Project Manager – Fleet is responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the Fleet organization. This position is responsible for project and process management including establishing and documenting best practices, work instructions and Fleet communication materials. This position is also responsible for management tasks including asset disposal, fleet supervisor operational audits, annual asset inventory, entity transfers and DOT registration compliance.
In this role you will help guide strategic initiatives to the best possible outcomes by combining your critical thinking and communication skills with attention to detail and orientation towards results. We will count on you to keep us on track and on time. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on everything from corporate initiatives to fine tuning processes. You will know you are right for this role if you like variety, thrive on change and problem solving, and are a skilled influencer with the ability to build consensus throughout the organization.
- Identify and escalate concerns within key areas of project performance and report on lessons learned
- Process invoices and accounting entries for Fleet related large dollar accounts and invoices
- Manage key ongoing activities such as new markets/new branches/branch relocations, KPI and metrics reporting, scope of work policies, and competitive benchmarking
- Handle information requests and prepare regular & ad hoc presentations
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them; Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to leadership where required
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes
- Identifies, negotiates, communicates, and manages project changes; Reports status of project, including project risks, to customers, project team, supervisor, Project Offices, governance and other key staff
- This position is responsible for project and process management including establishing and documenting best practices, work instructions and Fleet communication materials
- Develop corporate Fleet policies and practices that satisfy management operations, audit and financial control requirements
- Manage vehicle disposal processes and auction supplier agreements and amendments; Manage the annual Fleet vehicle and equipment inventory project; Complete DOT related activities including UCR registration and assist EH&S with MCS-150 registrations
- Manage the fuel card replacement project in coordination with fleet management and fuel card suppliers; Coordinate entity documentation for Fleet licensing and registration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional fleet and/or project management experience
- Applied knowledge of business metrics
- Must be able to self-start/self-manage, take on various duties in short time, and be able to take initiative when needed
- Successful in project managing executives, lateral coworkers, and entry level employees
- Fluent in basic reporting and analytics
- Independently manage day-day activities
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and poised under pressure
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with sophisticated understanding tailoring content to the audience
- Possesses skills in project management and contract negotiation and administration
- Advanced computer skills and ability to apply technology to the work environment
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
- Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes – including Scrum, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile
- Creation and refinement of process and workflow management experience
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency in the use and/or understanding of project tracking and management tools such as Workfront, ServiceNow, Asana, and Jira
- Solid proficiency with capacity planning and project projections
- PC skills specifically utilizing the Google Office suite products (e.g., Google Mail, Sheets, Documents, Google Drive etc.)
- Strong communications (written and verbal)
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals
- Ability to stay focused and organized managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work safely in a warehouse environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to travel to regional sites via air and ground transportation
Recruiter:Amanda Frock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:$92,239.00 to $122,911.00
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or perform your job if you are employed, please let us know by contacting Kelly Wittman, Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.