Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Field Sales Consultant effectively conducts sales presentations either in person or virtually for potential customers.
- Sources and develops self-generated leads and appointments with potential customers
- Conducts in-home sales presentations for potential customers
- Meets minimum required sales targets as set by the sales leadership
- Develops effective self-generation sales strategies
- Evaluates customers’ knowledge and needs, building productive long lasting relationships
- Accurately dispositions and reports on outcomes via our CRM tool
- Ensures a clean transition of post-sale activity to other teams by delivering complete customer information
- Provides an industry-leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer’s system is turned on
- Manages the pipeline of activity from prospect to install by following up with all leads and in-home consultations
- Prepares for appointments by building proposals, preparing for objections, and calling customers to confirm appointments
- Attends required trainings, and follow Sunrun Sales processes
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest Sunrun and industry developments by attending sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events
- Engages in local proactive lead generation activities as defined by the metro market
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Proven track record of sales and/or lead generation experience
- In-home and/or solar sales experience preferred
- Must have home internet broadband access; 35 kbps bandwidth per workstation
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to spend approximately 80% of work time traveling within your local market, although the time spent travelling may be far less as we continue to evaluate our virtual selling model and provide flexibility to our consultants
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally to address customer needs
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
- Ability to drive to travel to and from customer locations
- Ability to get into and out of a vehicle multiple times per day
- May stand for an extended period of time while consulting with customers
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed below. Similar positions located outside of these locations will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.**
The starting salary for this opportunity ranges from $20,000. Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Mary Yollin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. In addition, due to our focus on safety at Sunrun all roles require the basic ability to speak, read and write English.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or perform your job if you are employed, please let us know by contacting Kelly Wittman, Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.