Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our customers’ lives. We know that determination starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
The Clean Energy Ambassador markets Sunrun’s clean energy solution to prospective customers at retail stores.
- Represents the company as the face of our brand in our sales team
- Builds rapport with potential customers to set appointments
- Qualifies prospective customers for solar and storage solutions
- Schedules appointments with customers and Field Sales Consultants
- Meets or exceeds all team and individual sales goals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience
- Ability to engage with a potential customer
- Strong communication skills, resilience, self-motivation, and passion for solar
- Ability to work independently and adapt to working semi-autonomously in various locations
- Access to reliable transportation to support a territory zone of 15-30 miles
- Possess a positive attitude and move on from a rejection quickly
- Availability to work an optimized schedule including weekends, evenings, and some holiday shifts
- The primary function of this position is to represent the company in a retail environment
- Up to 10% of weekly hours may be approved for “non-store” activity such as engaging with our customers via phone, attending training, or participating in team activities
- During the retail shifts, the work involves constant standing and walking for the entire shift in a retail warehouse environment with the exception of meal, break and rest periods
- Depending on your scheduled work locations, this position will either be standing in one location for the entire shift or walking and standing for the entire shift
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, stooping and kneeling are also required
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed below. Similar positions located outside of these locations will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary for this opportunity ranges from $17.29. Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter: Mia Vangelatos (email@example.com)
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. In addition, due to our focus on safety at Sunrun all roles require the basic ability to speak, read and write English.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or perform your job if you are employed, please let us know by contacting Kelly Wittman, Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.