Pivot Energy is seeking an experienced customer operations leader, responsible for leading a team focused on community solar program management, customer service, subscriber management, utility relationships, and revenue collection. This role requires strong leadership skills, excellent customer service and communication skills, and a passion for delivering a positive customer experience.
As part of the Client Solutions team, this position will lead a team of subscription operations and customer care associates, developing key service level agreements, managing outsourced support vendors, and creating and optimizing internal processes that drive efficiency and growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering high-quality work, familiarity with project management best practices, attention to detail, strong communications skills, and an entrepreneurial learning style.
This position offers a great opportunity to create a best-in-industry operations team and growth potential at a cutting-edge company with development and operations in more than ten US markets. Pivot is rapidly growing its Client Solutions team, and this position is crucial to the success of its growing product and service lines.
- Manage and lead a team of market- and functional-area specialists, supporting market- and product-implementation, utility setup, and billing
- Oversee day-to-day operations of our subscription- and solar-based services, including utility relationships, billing, customer crediting and account reconciliation, and reporting
- Oversee the collection, management, and organization of key data, identifying areas of growth, security, and quality improvement
- Develop customer service benchmarks and service level agreement that track customer inquiries and resolving customer service issues in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the customer experience implement process changes that scale for efficiency and growth
- Analyze internal and external feedback and implement process improvements
- Ensure compliance with customer service and data protection regulations with support from Legal and Marketing Teams
- Support new client service implementation, demos, and onboarding, adhering to data security and data ingestion requirements
- Research and document process, improvements, and market competitor information that supports SunCentral’s implementation of best-in-industry community solar management
The role’s primary qualifications include excellent communication and project management skills; an ability to prioritize often-conflicting priorities and deadlines; and, an understanding of customer experience and customer service best practices, supporting successful subscriber and client onboarding, engagement, and retention. A passion for clean energy and sustainability is required.
- 4+ years of experience in customer service, operations or sales operations, project management, and/or subscription management
- Familiarity with the community solar industry, or at minimum the broader solar industry key terms and market
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and customer service software tools, like HubSpot, Salesforce, or equivalent
- 1+ years managing a team of customer service representatives
Compensation & Benefits
The base salary range for this position is $65,000-$90,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s substantial bonus plan, with a target bonus of 50% of annual salary (prorated in first year based on start date). Total annual compensation potential, when including bonus, is $97,500 -$135,000.
Pivot Energy is dedicated to providing a great work experience for all employees, placing an emphasis on company culture, and a focus on our people. To that end, Pivot offers an outstanding benefits package that includes:
- Excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company
- Four weeks of vacation plus employment milestone bonus vacations
- Company paid life insurance and short- & long-term disability coverage
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) matching (after vesting period)
- Work from home stipend for new employees
- Public transit reimbursement
- PTO for volunteering in the community
- Charitable donation matching up to $500/year
- Professional development and educational reimbursements
A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.