Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients.The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team,regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future – through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams includingsolar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
Origis Energy is looking for an experienced Land Development Manager to join our team. This person, reporting to the Senior Director Land Development, will join an extremely experienced team with the main objective of driving additional pipeline growth and project successes in both utility scale solar and energy storage.
The Land Development Manager will require a deep knowledge of a majority of the following: comfort and experience with being the face of the company in direct landowner, strategic land and other negotiations, team leadership over solar siting and land acquisition, guidance and closing of solar/storage land agreement processes, a technical understanding of solar + storage projects, utility scale grid analysis and Federal, and State & Local project permitting. Additionally, knowledge of interconnection study processes, other development aspects such as RFP responses, PPA negotiations and wholesale market/RTO market operations is strongly desired.
The Land Development Manager is a regular, full-time position, and is eligible for our generous employee benefits package, including employer paid health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions, and other great benefits.
- Manage multiple external consultants, land agents and legal teams while working alongside the Project Development Team and other key functional company groups to efficiently and effectively develop a significant portion of the Origis Land Portfolio
- Oversee the full spectrum of land origination, negotiation and closing of land agreements
- Work with the Project Development Team to identify target sites, screen for permit constraints, undertake title and minerals due diligence with consultants, and identify strategic risks
- Oversee relevant internal workflow processes, contracting, payments (SAP), and performance reviews of the dedicated land team
- Evaluate financial land aspects and commercial details for due diligence of potential acquisition properties
- BS and/or BA
- Team leadership skills
- Very strong legal understanding of applicable agreements and ability to manage State & Local counsel on a regional basis
- 3-7+ years of increasingly progressive land and renewable project development experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of solar development, is a plus. For example, familiarity with development tools and value drivers including knowledge of solar resource and PV Syst outputs, constrained project layouts, interconnection studies, permit studies and financial model impacts
- Experience in all aspects of landowner negotiations, title & mineral matters, and interface with project finance and construction requirements
- Experience in public presentations and guiding 3rd party development relations
- Experience and understanding of the U.S. utility scale solar and energy storage markets
- Have exceptional communication skills
Key Attributes for Success
- Experience with GIS software and data bases
- Team formation, management and leadership
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Strategic thinker
- Creativity in problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines and budgets
- Effective in managing multiple stakeholders within cross functional teams
Location Miami, FL; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; remote considered for the right candidate
Travel This will require 50 – 70% travel
Job Level Manager or Director – no direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.