Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients.The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team,regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future – through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams includingsolar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
Origis Energy is seeking an experienced project finance professional for the role of Director Project Finance – Distributed Power. This position reports to the Managing Director Distributed Power and has a dotted line relationship with the Senior Director Project Finance. The position will (i) manage and oversee all financial planning & analysis (FP&A) activities of the Distributed Power division, (ii) work hand-in-hand with the project development and capital markets teams to source and manage tax, equity and debt investments into the company’s DG projects (greenfield and limited M&A) and (iii) support Company management with new market research and analysis.
- Project Finance related tasks, including:
- Financial modeling
- Coordinating with the Project Finance team to market and source DG external project tax equity and debt investments to banks and other financial institutions
- Performing and coordinating due diligence processes
- Coordinating and instructing internal and external resources working on financings, such the development team, financial institutions, lawyers, consultants, engineering and EPC contractors, etc. to execute on financial closings
- Oversee work of more junior finance team members (guidance, support, quality review)
- Any other task needed to close on related DG project financings
- New market research and analysis includes:
- Ability to digest and understand state and local programs
- Analyzing the incentive and tax environment and ability to underwrite various revenue streams
- Broad-based market and policy research, concluding on the overall attractiveness of a market to invest in
- Ability to join commercial teams to customers where needed to support from a financial side
- Financial Planning & Analysis duties includes:
- Prepare detailed budgets for distributed power projects in coordination with the project development team, reporting on budget to actuals and be responsible for cash management on throughout the project development life cycle
- Coordinating with the corporate finance team to ensure proper reporting on DG-related cash needs, board presentations and management of development loan disbursements
- Oversighting accounting practices related to DG’s activities and implementing processes to ensure adherence to project budgets
- Work with the business development team to manage model analysis and prepare commercial offers for Power Purchase Agreements and M&A
- Assist in overall strategic budget and planning exercises for DG business unit
- Other tasks include:
- Assist management in the acquisition and sale of projects
- General support for ad hoc strategic initiatives
- Attend conferences and maintain strong relationships with capital markets, banks, tax equity suppliers or other sources of financing for DG financing
- High degree of initiative and decisiveness
- MBA and banking experience with project financing experience preferred
- Strong solar knowledge, with a background in Distributed Power or community solar a plus
- Proven organizational skills, ability to manage numerous unrelated tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to deliver quality products under strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent research capabilities
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team – team player
- Strong team attitude, easy to get along with, willing to learn and take on new tasks, energetic about getting work done on time and with excellent quality
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong contracting and negotiation skills
- At least 8 years relevant working experience
Key Attributes for Success
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategic thinker
- Creativity in problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines and budgets
- Effective in managing multiple stakeholders and within cross functional team
Location San Diego, CA | Miami, FL | Remote considered for the right individual
Travel Up to 20% travel as needed
Job Level Director – no direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.