Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients.The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team,regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future – through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams includingsolar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
Origis Energy is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager or Director, Battery Storage to join our team. This person will join and support an extremely experienced team with the main objective of driving additional pipeline growth and project successes in both utility scale solar and energy storage, likely focused on the Western U.S. Experience with customer negotiations, comfort and experience with being the face of the company at customer meetings with an enthusiasm and drive to build customer solutions, a deep knowledge of grid analysis and technical energy storage expertise is a must.
- Manage, build and strengthen large investor-owned utility, coop and municipal client relationships
- Have a defined area of responsibility covering multiple States
- Support the preparation of RFPs and bi-lateral proposals for both utility scale solar, solar plus storage, and standalone energy storage projects
- Evaluate new markets and make comprehensive presentations to management on ideal locations for new projects, both utility scale solar and energy storage – – ultimately securing selected sites
- Have a strong existing knowledge base on energy storage, the system components, and optimization exercises
- Experience in or exposure to PPA negotiations
- Understanding and experience with interconnection processes
- Manage vendors and project budgets through SAP system
- BS and/or BA, MBA preferred
- Experience and deep understanding of the U.S. energy storage and utility scale solar markets
- Strong energy storage technical knowledge
- Experience in customer presentations and negotiations
- 3-5+ years of increasingly progressive development / origination experience
- Experience with a solar energy developer or energy storage company
- Preparation of market analyses and recommendations
- Familiarity and comfort in landowner negotiations
- Experience with reviewing and providing inputs for solar as well as energy storage financial models
Key Attributes for Success
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Exceptional communication skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategic thinker
- Creativity in problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines and budgets
- Effective in managing multiple stakeholders and within cross functional team
Job Level Manager – no direct reports
Location San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; Miami, FL; remote considered for the right individual
Travel This will require 25 -40% travel
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.