Since 2012, GRNE Solar has been designing and installing commercial and residential solar systems across the Midwest. As a growing organization and now a Nelnet company with branch locations in 5 different states, we’re looking to bring in high performing and dynamic individuals with a passion to treat customers with a genuine and highly rated experience.
Now that GRNE solar is a Nelnet company, you will enjoy perks go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.With the next step in our growth, our team is ready to welcome experienced and driven installers/apprentices to help continue the growth and execution of our projects. This position will work on both Commercial and Residential projects.
**This position will be based out of our Loveland, CO office**
- Responsible for assembling all components of solar energy systems, electrically wiring AC/DC systems, and structurally mounting racking and electrical equipment.
- Assist the Electrician with the electrical work needed to complete our daily installations
- Conduct site visits and attend inspections
- Conduct material take-offs
- The ability to work in a team environment as crews typically work in numbers of 2-5
- Maintain a clean worksite
- Follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Operate in a professional manner on each job site
- Work on both residential and commercial projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Must be registered with the proper state agency or register upon hire and provide proof.
- 1-4 years of commercial/residential electrical experience (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of solar installation experience (strongly preferred)
- Current Licensed Residential Wireman a plus
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
- Must have an active apprenticeship license through the State agency (Or willingness to obtain one upon hire)
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical work and the local codes
- Strong understanding of the NEC
- Experience working with Three Phase Services (208V and 480V)
- Proficiency in excavator operation
- Reliable transportation and tools necessary to complete electrical tasks
- Capability to travel for project-specific work
- Comfortable working on rooftops of any height/pitch
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials to complete assigned job task
- Capacity to meet hard and fast deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- A clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Professional appearance
Pay range for this role is $20.00-$30.00 an hour, depending on experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug-Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.