Purpose of Campus and Hands-on Training Department
SEI’s mission is to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities and businesses worldwide. The Campus and Hands-on Training Department ensures that our hands-on trainings continue to be industry-leading regardless of where they are offered, and that our headquarters meet the needs of the staff, students and instructors.
Purpose of PV Lab Manager
The PV Lab Manager ensures that our students receive the best hands-on photovoltaic education while visiting SEI’s training facilities. They do this by ensuring that the lab facility is in top working order, that the hands-on lab system designs are relevant within the greater solar industry and up to current electrical code, and that there is continuity between SEI’s online/theory curriculum and the design of hands-on systems. The PV Lab Manager provides updates to SEI’s instructors about lab curriculum changes, and takes feedback from staff, students and instructors to inform curriculum development.
This is a full-time year-round position located in Paonia, Colorado, US.
- Work with the Campus and Hands-On team to create and execute the annual work-plan and priorities
- Assist with development of the strategic vision of Paonia campus
- Create and manage the Lab Materials line item in the PV Hands-On budget
- Build an understanding of the design, programming, code considerations, and maintenance requirements for all systems on campus with the support of the Curriculum & Instruction Team
- Build an understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC), safety, best practices, and industry trends as it relates to PV and energy storage
- Lead the build out of new training systems according to best practices, codes and standards
- Procure components and complete system build-outs with the support of the lab team
- Program campus systems to ensure proper functionality to safely achieve learning objectives
- Ensure that all equipment, tools and training materials are in functioning order before each class
- Assist with the organization of supporting lab curriculum and documentation o
- Create and maintain key department documents
- Be familiar with procedures in equipment manuals
- Facilitate workshops, short sessions and labs
- Support instructors in all aspects of teaching including ensuring that they have all required materials and assist with time management
- Support instructors to ensure that they understand the equipment that they are teaching on and the learning objectives for the class
- Understand all tools and testing equipment used in classes in order to support instructors
- Setup equipment and systems for lab classes on campus between April and October.
- Pack and ship materials for hands-on contract trainings
- Procure equipment, tools and materials & establish purchasing accounts to ensure that the lab facility functions properly
- Collaborate with relevant curriculum and instruction team members to ensure training facilities are designed in alignment with other SEI curriculum
- Collaborate with marketing department to creatively promote the lab equipment and classes
- Complete special projects under the instruction of the Director of Campus & Hands-On Training and the Curriculum and Instruction team.
- Highly organized
- Locally based in Paonia
- People person
- Able to work autonomously
- Capable of wearing many different hats and task-switching regularly as required
Desired Certifications and Education:
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification desired
- Undergraduate degree
- Proficient with Windows/MS Suite, Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish
- Experience installing PV, energy storage, and electrical systems
- Experience with basic setup of IT systems
- Experience interpreting and working with electrical codes, building standards, and safety standards
- Teaching experience, or interest in developing instructional skills
- Experience designing PV, energy storage, and electrical systems
- Experience with operations and maintenance of PV systems
- Medical insurance stipend, Simple IRA, paid parental leave, 11 paid holidays, wellness PTO, paid sick time accrual, paid time off accrual. Salary range $48K – $60K Full-time DOE.
Applications due March 10, 2023. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in one combined PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solar Energy International is committed to creating a thriving and equitable workplace where each staff member and instructor is valued for their unique contributions. We are invested in creating inclusive learning environments which foster curiosity and success for all students of various backgrounds, identities, and abilities. We celebrate our differences as they make us stronger in the quest for a world fueled by clean energy.
Solar Energy International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.