Cloudbreak Energy Partners is one of the fastest growing renewable energy development firms in Colorado. Cloudbreak was formed by four experienced renewable energy professionals and is one of the leading commercial and community solar developers in the Mountain West of the United States. Our mission is to accelerate the growth in domestic renewable energy capacity while also bringing its economic benefits to communities across the country. Here in Colorado, we are doing that by developing projects that save local residents and businesses money on their electric bills, generating significant tax revenue and millions of dollars in local investment, and creating well-paying, local jobs.
Our team is a tightly-knit group that has been working together in the solar industry for several years. When we aren’t trying to bring the benefits of renewable energy to local communities, our team loves to ski, board, bike, hike, camp, go to concerts, and dine together.
As passionate outdoor-loving Coloradoans, we believe that climate change poses an existential risk to not just the places we love, but humanity itself. One of the most tangible ways to slow climate change is by harnessing the sun to generate renewable electricity with zero carbon emissions. If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to renewable energy and willing to roll up your sleeves to solve the hard problems, this is the place for you.
The Vice President of Strategy and New Markets will work closely with our Chief Executive Officer and other firm leadership to research and enter new renewable markets across existing segments of solar, wind, and battery storage as well as emerging technologies such as geothermal and hydrogen. This person will be responsible for leveraging their existing network of renewable energy leaders and their technical expertise in these technologies to target new avenues for revenue growth of Cloudbreak’s renewable development business.
This is a rare opportunity to join a well capitalized and completely independent developer, headquartered in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, that has seen enormous growth since launching 3 years ago.
The VP of Strategy and New Markets will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and work closely with all senior leaders of the firm, as well as its team of business development analysts and associates. The responsibilities of the VP of Strategy and New Markets will include, but not be limited to:
- Identifying and leading entry into new segments of the United States solar and storage market
- Working with the CEO and Head of Business Development to identify direct offtake partnerships with data centers, corporates, small utilities, and municipalities
- Partnering with the COO to get the development team up to speed with new market or technology permitting and (where applicable) interconnection processes and timelines
- Leveraging prior experience in specialized technologies to find growth opportunities with unique offtakers
Hours: Full-time. The position is in Boulder, CO but remote applicants may be considered.
- $150,000-250,000 Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Commission Incentives for Executing New Projects
- Bonus based on broader company performance
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of leading successful entry into new renewable energy markets
- Specific experience in emerging renewable energy technologies such as storage or geothermal
- Superb references and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and detail orientation
- Ability to accurately forecast and maintain project timelines
- Highly motivated to hit company growth targets and an intrinsic interest in growing renewable energy capacity
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 5-10 years of direct experience in renewable energy markets
- Boulder located or relocated preferred, but remote also considered
- Thrives in fast-paced and autonomous work environment
Education and Experience Requirements: Undergraduate, Graduate, or Phd
Apply for this job at cloudbreakenergy.com