Cloudbreak Energy Partners is one of the fastest growing renewable energy development firms in Colorado. Cloudbreak was formed by four experienced renewable energy professionals and is one of the leading commercial and community solar developers in the Mountain West of the United States. Our mission is to accelerate the growth in domestic renewable energy capacity while also bringing its economic benefits to communities across the country. Here in Colorado, we are doing that by developing projects that save local residents and businesses money on their electric bills, generating significant tax revenue and millions of dollars in local investment, and creating well-paying, local jobs.
Our team is a tightly-knit group that has been working together in the solar industry for several years. When we aren’t trying to bring the benefits of renewable energy to local communities, our team loves to ski, board, bike, hike, camp, go to concerts, and dine together.
As passionate outdoor-loving Coloradoans, we believe that climate change poses an existential risk to not just the places we love, but humanity itself. One of the most tangible ways to slow climate change is by harnessing the sun to generate renewable electricity with zero carbon emissions. If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to renewable energy and willing to roll up your sleeves to solve the hard problems, this is the place for you.
The Senior Project Developer will be working closely with our Chief Operating Officer to spearhead the advancement of renewable energy projects, primarily solar and solar + storage, from site control to NTP and, where applicable, construction. This position will be responsible for supporting the overall management of all project development work including land research, site diligence, environmental services, preliminary design coordination, permitting, and the general pre-construction related work. This will involve working with utilities, the Cloudbreak team, and third party contractors to prepare materials required by relevant permitting authorities. Excellent communication and organizational skills, resiliency, independent task management, and grit are a must.
This is a fantastic position for a seasoned renewable energy project developer or project manager, who is passionate about fighting climate change, and being a key decision maker at one of the leading renewable energy firms in the Mountain West.
The Senior Project Developer will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and manage the current and future team of Operations analysts and associates. The responsibilities of the senior developer will include but not be limited to:
- Lead full-cycle ministerial and non-ministerial permitting of projects including presentation of projects to applicable permitting authorities
- Permitting research, title work, identification and management of planning and zoning challenges and the project management of the overall project development cycle
- Functioning as primary liaison with relevant utilities for awarded projects
- Managing full-cycle interconnection process including economic and budget forecasting, analysis of utility infrastructure, and submission of all relevant materials
- Assisting with preparation bid materials for applicable RFPs
- Preparation of site designs and engineering reports (either internally or via contractors)
- Close management third party contractor relationships, with relation to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Leading site owner relationship management from site control to the firm’s final exit from a project’s equity position
Hours: Full-time. The position is in Boulder, CO and may include up to 25% travel to project locations.
- $150,000 – $160,000 base salary
- Commission incentives
- Excellent health/dental/vision Insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple projects, third party relationships, and project stakeholders simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to accurately forecast and maintain project timelines
- Highly motivated
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 5+ years experience in project management and/or construction management of large-scale energy projects or programs
- Working knowledge of standardized project management processes and tools
- Thrives in fast-paced and autonomous work environment
Apply for this job at cloudbreakenergy.com