Thank you for your interest in the COSSA Board of Directors. We are no longer accepting applications for 2023.
The Colorado Solar and Storage Association has eight open seats for its 2023 Board of Directors, the elected group that oversees the direction of COSSA. This is your opportunity to shape the future of Colorado’s dynamic solar and storage industries to gain valuable experience along with networking opportunities.
A note about COSSA’s future: In the last few years, COSSA has secured itself as the go-to source for legislators, regulators, local elected officials, industry leaders, and others on solar and storage industry issues. The COSSA Board has committed to an organizational strategic planning process over the next several years to set the organization up for long-term success and sustained benefits to the industry. By joining the Board, you will be helping identify and execute the plan to meet those goals over the coming years.
To apply, please submit the required information via the application form using this template.
What to Include in Your Application
- Contact Information: Include your current employer, position, work address, preferred email address, and phone numbers.
- Biography: Submit a brief bio (up to 200 words) summarizing your professional work experience and qualifications.
- Solar or Storage Experience: Tell us briefly about what parts of the solar or storage industry you’ve worked in and feel qualified to represent. List all solar or storage sectors that apply: residential, commercial, utility scale, thermal, manufacturing, distributor, education, financing, R&D, professional services, and other.
- Your Priorities: List your top three priorities to advance the solar and storage industries.
- Your Strengths: What expertise do you offer to the COSSA membership to advance Colorado’s solar and storage industries?
Your application, as submitted, will be shared with the COSSA voting membership.
You or your company must be a member of COSSA to serve on the board.
The COSSA Board of Directors meets monthly with both virtual and in person options. The Board is a volunteer working body with members expected to contribute a minimum of 10-15 hours a month to board and committee meetings and other functions. Board members commit to serving a two-year term and to attending at least 10 monthly meetings a year.
- January 4 – Official call for nominations
- January 18, 5pm MT – Nominations are due
- January 23 – Ballots are distributed to members
- January 31, 12-1:30 pm MT – Candidate forum with members. Applicants will have an opportunity to speak with COSSA members and present their qualifications during the regularly scheduled member call on January 31, 2022, 12-1:30 pm MT.
- February 7, 5pm MT – Voting Ends. The DEADLINE for voting is Tuesday, February 7th. New Board members will be notified shortly thereafter and are expected to attend the 2023 Solar Power and Energy Storage Mountain West Conference.
- February 14 – The 2023 COSSA Board of Directors is announced
- February 17 – New Board Members join their first Board meeting
Please contact Kathleen Staks, Board Chair, at email@example.com