Job Summary: This full-time position will be responsible for membership needs, through providing clear value to current and future members of the Colorado Solar and Storage Association. This position will have a primary emphasis on retaining current members and expanding the membership to all solar and storage companies doing business in Colorado.
Additionally, this position will support COSSA’s events to ensure maximum ROI for attendees, sponsors and exhibitors.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A strong desire to meet others and make long-lasting relationships between members and the organization
- Tenacious problem-solving skills, including the ability to accurately assess, resolve, communicate, and implement solutions to vexing problems
- Proven track record of major corporate sales and revenue generation
- Strong leadership, management, and collaboration skills
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to craft and present excellent presentations
- Skills at creating, summarizing, and presenting information concisely and logically for executive decision-making
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to details
- Proven ability to adapt to change and uncertainty in a calm and measured manner
- Passion for solar and energy storage solutions, including a strong conceptual and analytical understanding of the potential for solar and storage and related technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency in WordPress website management a plus
- An optimistic outlook and “can-do” attitude
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 10 years+ sales and marketing experience
- Direct experience within the solar and storage industry are considered a plus but not a prerequisite
- Oversees development, planning, and management of organization’s membership initiatives, including membership applications process, member retention, and recruitment efforts.
- Develops regular reports on membership metrics and may recommend/develop new member programs and services.
- Plans and executes on regular monthly engagements with membership, including update calls, webinars and online meetings.
- Identifies need for new services and develops content, scope, and cost of new service programs.
- Updates member records and/or be responsible for the integrity of the membership database/association management system.
- Coordinates and executes specific tasks associated with the implementation of marketing plans and activities.
- Typical tasks may include copyediting, copywriting, working with program teams to finalize copy, graphic designs, and website content.
The successful candidate will have revenue and planning responsibility for COSSA’s major annual Solar Power and Energy Storage Conference, including:
- Develop new business opportunities for exhibit and sponsorship revenue through direct contact sales and proposals, plan and executes all sponsorship and exhibit arrangements for conference.
- Work with appropriate individuals to develop and monitor timelines/deadlines related to all aspects of the event, ensuring the information is communicated with staff, volunteers, vendors, and other constituents.
The successful candidate will work with the CEO, other COSSA staff and the Board of Directors to develop additional major events each year and execute planning, selling and programming to turn them into annual successful revenue generators for COSSA. These will include:
- Topgolf Networking Event
- Clean Energy Solutions Summit
- Land Use and Renewable Energy Symposium
This will be a salaried position with $70,000 annual base plus a bonus incentive based upon sales, with a goal of $100,000 in annual income. The position also includes health insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off. Additional continuing education and conference funds will also be available.
Start Date: The preferred start date for this position is January 3, 2023.
How to apply: Interested applicants should apply via email to email@example.com. Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and qualifications. Applicants should feel free to also send references or writing samples, although they are not required. Additional information on COSSA is available at http://www.cossa.co.
This position will remain open until filled.