Redeux Energy is seeking a Financial Analyst with strong analytical and modeling skills to evaluate the economics of utility-scale solar and storage renewable energy development projects. The person selected for this role will help maintain our project models, evaluate investment opportunities, and work closely with the leadership team on Redeux’s corporate financial projections.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy is a utility-scale solar and storage development company with a range of strategies to transform greenfield, brownfield and industrial lands into renewable power infrastructure that produces new revenue streams, meets ESG goals and addresses local needs for economic and workforce development.
Redeux is executing a multi-state development plan, working with landowners to enhance their property value with clean energy solutions that can be co-located with existing ranching, farming, timber, and resource extraction operations, as well as underutilized open land or brownfield areas. In addition to traditional “greenfield” project development, Redeux partners with thermal generators and resource suppliers to transition to clean energy solutions that can utilize existing electric grid infrastructure and reduce the liabilities of legacy operations.
Redeux’s leadership team brings decades and gigawatts of experience in solar and storage project development, offtake origination, financing, construction, and renewable and thermal plant operations. The company has added talent from leading renewable industry players including AES, Invenergy, Avangrid, National Grid, Clearway, NextEra, Borrego, CLS and KPMG. Redeux partners with best-in-class advisors and engineering firms to bring renewable energy projects to fruition.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to build and scale our renewable development platform. This platform offers a unique opportunity to join a well-capitalized, growth company early in its life cycle.
The Financial Analyst will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams (Land, Development, Corporate Development, and Market Strategy) as well as externally with consultants, banks, and potential partners. This position is based at Redeux’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Director of Finance.
- Develop and maintain financial models and analysis for renewable energy projects.
- Assist in building models, tools, process, and infrastructure that supports the organization’s accuracy, efficiency, and scalability.
- Work across internal departments, external consultants, and stakeholders to organize key inputs.
- Review and assist with negotiating term sheets and definitive documentation by converting terms into modeled project analyses.
- Develop and deliver internal / external investment presentations and briefs.
- Assist in preparation of corporate budgets, forecasts and analyses.
- Prepare “ad hoc” financial analyses and sensitivities to support a variety of development and corporate decisions and negotiations.
- Support senior team members in the structuring, negotiating, and execution of transactions.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in the renewable energy industry working with project finance models, including modeling tax equity and debt structures. The candidate has extensive experience using Excel and has a solid understanding of financial concepts such as time value of money, internal rate of return, cash flow analysis, debt, and tax credits. Key qualifications as follows:
- Expertise in tax equity modeling including capital accounts, depreciation, and buyouts (preferred)
- Exceptional analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and mathematical modeling techniques.
- Strong quantitative aptitude with an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of data.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product.
- Entrepreneurial, ownership-minded professional with a strong interest in supporting renewable development growth.
- Self-motivated and driven with a high level of initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement; Master’s degree, CFA and/or CPA a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is building an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation, and drive. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based, incentive plan
- Competitive benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies