Redeux Energy is seeking an Energy Market Analyst to evaluate utility-scale solar and storage policy and markets throughout the U.S. The successful candidate will analyze trends in utility-scale solar and storage development and trends in the major North American markets while working closely with our Development, Strategy, and Finance teams. They will have a passion for the energy market and provide market assessment leadership within a collaborative, growing team.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy is a growing, collaborative utility-scale solar and storage development company. We are executing on strategies to transform greenfield, brownfield and industrial lands into utility-scale renewable solar, storage, and hybrid projects. Redeux Energy has over 2.0 GW (Gigawatts) of projects currently under development and a strategy to develop even more on an annual basis.
Redeux works with landowners to enhance their property value with clean energy solutions. In addition to traditional “greenfield” project development, Redeux partners with a wide range of industries to transition to clean energy solutions. We love this industry, and we are good at what we do.
Redeux’s leadership team has decades of international experience in utility-scale solar and storage project development, offtake origination, financing, construction, and operations. The company has added talent from leading renewable industry players including AES, Invenergy, Avangrid, National Grid, Clearway, NextEra, Borrego, CLS and KPMG. Redeux also partners with best-in-class advisors and engineering firms to bring renewable energy projects to fruition.
Redeux Energy is seeking entrepreneurial, collaborative team members to join our team! We offer a unique opportunity to join a thoughtful, well-capitalized, growing, utility-scale solar and storage company early in its life cycle.
As an Energy Market Analyst, you will research and assess markets to help drive market selection, project development strategy, and other opportunities for utility-scale solar and storage. You will report to the VP of Market Strategy and will be based at Redeux’s headquarters in Denver, CO.
Redeux Energy works in a collaborative team environment where you would serve as our focal point for collecting, assessing, analyzing, and sharing key market information. In addition to having a passion for this industry, responsibilities would include:
- Assess, analyze, and communicate detailed utility-scale solar and battery storage market information from across North America
- Develop and maintain market models that include regulated RTO/ISO regions and States;
- Report on trends that impact the utility-scale renewable industry, interconnection updates, competitive reviews, and market analysis;
- Review utility Integrated Resource Plans and competitive procurements by utilities and corporations;
- Monitor ongoing stakeholder processes in RTO/ISO regions both directly and through consultants;
- Track key industry policy topics such as renewable portfolio standards, clean energy standards, carbon pricing, interconnection, and taxation;
- Review ongoing activity in the competitive landscape; and
- Represent Redeux Energy at trade organizations, conferences, and other events.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of market research experience with industrial sectors, preferably energy. You should have an inquisitive mind and a passion for solar, battery storage, and the renewable industry.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, and the ability to effectively bridge results into conclusions and recommendations
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative professional with a strong interest in supporting renewable development growth
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and diligent
- Self-motivated and driven with a high level of initiative and creative problem solving
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment, and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with cross-functional teams
- BA/BS degree required
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation and drive. We tend to be nicer and value teamwork more than your average company as well. Redeux Energy offers pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based, incentive plan
- Competitive benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Please utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly. While we would not expect you to have all of the following, please highlight your experience in:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis to support utility-scale development
- Create, own, and maintain a database of utility-scale industry activity related to markets, utilities, and State activities
- Lead efforts for key model inputs and coordinate database management
- Provide support to business development by providing market information and analysis
- Work with trade organizations, and consulting groups to develop market insights