Redeux Energy is seeking a Controller to ensure accounting accuracy, efficiency, and provide strong leadership to our core accounting business processes. This highly visible role will be relied upon to implement best standards as it pertains to financial operations. In the beginning, this role will be very hands on but is expected to expand to include oversight of a team of accountants.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy is a utility-scale solar and storage development company with a range of strategies to transform greenfield, brownfield and industrial lands into renewable power infrastructure that produces new revenue streams, meets ESG goals and addresses local needs for economic and workforce development.
Redeux is executing a multi-state development plan, working with landowners to enhance their property value with clean energy solutions that can be co-located with existing ranching, farming, timber, and resource extraction operations, as well as underutilized open land or brownfield areas. In addition to traditional “greenfield” project development, Redeux partners with thermal generators and resource suppliers to transition to clean energy solutions that can utilize existing electric grid infrastructure and reduce the liabilities of legacy operations.
Redeux’s leadership team brings decades and gigawatts of experience in solar and storage project development, offtake origination, financing, construction, and renewable and thermal plant operations. The company has added talent from leading renewable industry players including AES, Invenergy, Avangrid, National Grid, Clearway, NextEra, Borrego, CLS and KPMG. Redeux partners with best-in-class advisors and engineering firms to bring renewable energy projects to fruition.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to build and scale our renewable development platform. This platform offers a unique opportunity to join a well-capitalized, growth company early in its life cycle.
The Controllerwill lead the establishment, growth, and execution of the internal accounting function for Redeux. This role will report to the COO and be based at Redeux’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Cash & Treasury Management
- Maintain detailed short-term cash forecasting using accounting and business systems
- Manage vendor onboarding, procurement, and accounts payable
- Manage daily cash position to ensure all accounts are adequately funded
- Produce complete, timely, and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and maintain a system of internal controls of accounting and financial transactions
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and analysis, including managing the complete accounting closing processes, journal entries, and account reconciliations
- Monitor revenues and expenses against budget and explain variances
- Provide continuous cost control support to the project teams
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Proactively seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems, and workflows to allow Redeux’s accounting infrastructure to scale
- Maintain required schedules and documentation for tax filings and outside audit
- Oversee all software required to run the finance and accounting operations
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with intellectual curiosity, a willingness to roll up their sleeves, and an ability to work cross-functionally to drive results. Key qualifications as follows:
- Expert in leading accounting, tax, treasury, financial reporting and financial operations functions with the ability to be hands-on
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably within energy or real estate industries
- Experience with establishing and managing accounting for project companies, special purpose vehicles, and LLCs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to summarize complicated analysis for key decision makers
- Managerial experience with demonstrated ability to hire, coach and lead other team members
- Entrepreneurial, ownership-minded professional with a strong interest in supporting renewable development growth
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and diligent
- Self-motivated and driven with a high level of initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification
- Experience within a “Big 4” accounting firm is strongly preferred.
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is building an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation, and drive. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based, incentive plan
- Competitive benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly. Please do not call about your application.