Job Summary: This full-time position will be responsible for the marketing and communications for the Colorado Solar and Storage Association, with a primary emphasis on providing marketing and communications copy for membership emails, events and website updates
Additionally, this position will support COSSA’s engagement with Colorado’s rural and municipal utilities. Finally, this role will support helping local permitting jurisdictions adopt the SolarAPP.
Previous work experience in marketing and communications is preferred, but not required.
Marketing and Communications Responsibilities
- Work with COSSA staff to develop and monitor timelines/deadlines related to all aspects of the communications for membership, events, and stakeholder engagement.
- Complete website updates, including member directory, posts, content, etc., for all COSSA and event websites.
- Assist with various marketing channels, including online promotion, social media marketing strategy.
- Use creative design skills for professional emails, brochures, banner ads, and additional marketing material needs.
- Assist with market research projects and member surveys.
- Coordinate with the team on key event tasks including registrations, consumer information requests.
- Manage assigned projects around event planning, member events, webinars, etc.
- Assist with the organization’s databases and list maintenance for up-to-date information.
- Monitor and manage all @cossa.co emails, main COSSA phone line, and help with general business/consumer inquiries.
- educating the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) that process more than 60% of rooftop interconnections in Colorado about the value of the SolarAPP and the ease of use.
- Work with the Colorado Energy Office to integrate the SolarAPP into the SolSmart program
Utility Engagement Workshop
- Take clear and comprehensive notes during utility engagement workshops
- Help utility representatives with logistical questions about workshops
- Research topics for each workshop and prepare a prep document to be delivered to participants no later than 1 week prior to a utility engagement workshop
- Prepare a summary document for participants, to be delivered no later than 2 weeks after the utility engagement workshop
Compensation: $55,000 annual salary, or commensurate with experience. This position is also eligible for a 401(k) match, paid personal time off and health insurance.
Start Date: The preferred start date for this position is October 3, 2022.
How to apply: Interested applicants should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and qualifications. Applicants should feel free to also send references or writing samples, although they are not required. Additional information on COSSA is available at http://www.cossa.co.
Position closes on August 31, 2022.
COSSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.