Position: Sr. Manager, Impact Subscriptions
Location: Denver, CO (may be remote anywhere in US)
Target hire date: August 2022
Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Senior Director, Client Operations
Pivot Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. We actively work to cultivate an inclusive culture that welcomes, empowers, and enables equitable career growth for employees regardless of background.
Pivot Energy is seeking a motivated and self-directed individual to join its Client Solutions team to lead the rapid growth of residential and income-qualified subscription programs, including building long-term relationships with local and national community partners, sales channel partners, and income-based nonprofit organizations to enable residential customers (inclusive of low to moderate income households) to subscribe to community solar projects.
This role will be responsible for building relationships with community benefit organizations, both for the purpose of pursuing and managing subscription acquisition and to build capacity within communities for long-term access to renewable energy. A new role within the organization, the scope is dynamic and evolving to fit the needs of the community solar market, including sourcing local and national partnerships that align with Pivot Energy’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) priorities and energy equity goals. To achieve such relationships requires prudent prioritization, collaboration, and resilience to build trusting relationships with a variety of partners who reflect distinct market needs. Strong and long-lasting relationships with our partners are key, which requires thoughtful engagement even after deals are signed.
This role will also liaise with a variety of customer- and market-facing leaders, from sales to subscription management operations; policy and legislation; to product and community giving development. This position is required to evolve to meet the changing landscape of the community solar market, requiring flexibility and the ability to strategize in ambiguous scenarios – ultimately determining the best mechanisms to secure partnerships and subscribers for our growing portfolio of community solar projects.
This position offers a great opportunity with tremendous growth potential at a cutting-edge company with operations in multiple US markets. Pivot is rapidly growing its Client Solutions and Lead Generation teams, and this position will be empowered to build the necessary growth strategy for the residential subscriptions part of the SunCentral business.
- Develop creative partnership strategies for meeting energy justice needs and securing subscriptions across the country, with a particular focus on serving income-qualified populations and underserved communities with community solar.
- Participate in establishing industry best practices for recruiting, engaging, and retaining participation in income-qualified community solar programs.
- Secure the required residential and/or income-qualified community solar subscriptions for Pivot’s multistate community solar projects by contracting with channel partners, local agencies serving low-income communities, and local and national nonprofit organizations.
- Advocate for the needs of residential and income-qualified customers, energy justice, and the importance of subscriber benefits.
- Manage ongoing relationships with channel partners, including relationship, contract terms, pricing, etc.
- Serve as an industry thought leader by researching and understanding the dynamic landscape of community solar and how low- to moderate-income households are affected by energy burdens.
- Influence and refine residential and income-qualified subscription strategies to ensure a robust pipeline of community solar partners; inform and build robust go-to-market strategies.
- Qualify potential partners and understand potential barriers or risks amongst community
partnerships to mitigate risk and influence adoption.
- Partner with Marketing, Community Reinvestment, and Lead Generation teams on the creation of channel partner marketing materials, and other materials that facilitate the enrollment of households.
- Support the Client Solutions team and Project Development teams with program RFPs, informing innovative approaches to reach communities with community solar subscriptions, community engagement, and other tactics needed to reach market-specified goals.
- Track channel partner activities by recording contacts, opportunities, and relationship details in our CRM system.
- Identify and meet with the appropriate decision makers and present the costs and benefits in a professional manner.
- Negotiate complex terms of engagement; take the opportunity to implementation with key business stakeholders.
- Support the subscription acquisition team with innovative ideas to support deal flow, penetrate the market, and offer a unique residential and income-qualified subscription experience.
The role’s primary qualifications include demonstrated abilities to understand the unique challenges of income qualified market penetration and to identify creative solutions to meet community needs, sales goals, in addition to the ability to present professionally, learn quickly, and work both alone and as part of a team. Some experience in solar with focus on residential or income-qualified programs is necessary, which we will consider along with natural partnership management ability, passion for clean energy and
the ability to learn independently. An important skill is the ability to identify prospective channel partners, empower and excite them to the opportunity of working as a community solar subscription group, and close deals.
- Solar program experience
- Proven history of developing and managing partner relationships, including understanding of quantitative validation of prospects
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite; willingness to learn other software applications including Salesforce and Asana
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills with an aptitude for building trust and rapport
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, critical deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills, highly positive outlook, flexible
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work autonomously
- Ability to develop relationships within the organization across functional teams
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and fun-loving team, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for growth.
- Management experience overseeing a small sales team is preferred but not required
- Passion to learn new things through self-study and structured settings
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The base salary range for this position is $80,000-$105,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s substantial bonus plan, with a target bonus of 50% of annual salary (prorated in first year based on start date). Total annual compensation potential, when including bonus, is $120,000-$157,500.
Pivot Energy is dedicated to providing a great work experience for all employees, placing an emphasis on company culture, and a focus on our people. To that end, Pivot offers an outstanding benefits package that includes:
- Excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company
- Four weeks of vacation plus employment milestone bonus vacations
- Company paid life insurance and short- & long-term disability coverage
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) matching (after vesting period)
- Work from home stipend for new employees
- Public transit reimbursement
- PTO for volunteering in the community
- Charitable donation matching up to $500/year
- Professional development and educational reimbursements
A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.