Position: Sr. Manager, Business Development (Offsite Solutions)
Location: Denver (preferred not required)
Target hire date: Immediately
Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: SVP, Business Development
Pivot Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. We actively work to cultivate an inclusive culture that welcomes, empowers, and enables equitable career growth for employees regardless of background.
Pivot Energy is seeking a Sr. Manager, Business Development (Offsite Solutions) to help develop opportunities with corporate clients seeking offsite solar and storage solutions to meet their sustainability goals at scale. The Sr. Manager will work with a broad range of commercial and industrial companies, helping assess needs, develop proposals, and work with the Offsite team to get deals done.
The primary focus of this role will be to cultivate relationships with voluntary corporate buyers of renewable energy from within and beyond Pivot’s existing client base. Through these relationships, the Sr. Manager will qualify and pursue opportunities for Pivot to work with companies to support the development of new solar PV generating capacity. As part of these efforts, this individual will work closely with various business units within Pivot to successfully position Pivot’s offsite solutions offer alongside its other solutions (e.g., community solar, distributed energy resources).
- Lead Pivot’s efforts to identify and close offsite opportunities across a wide range of industries and geographies
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Offsite Solutions to successfully grow Pivot’s offsite solutions offer
- Prospect for new offsite clients, leveraging channels including social media, industry events, thirdparty advisor platforms, Pivot’s database of existing clientele, etc.
- Manage conversations with corporates about how they may benefit from and how they can support Pivot’s offsite solar PV projects
- Facilitate cross-sell and upsell opportunities within offsite solutions processes that may involve
- Pivot’s other solutions (e.g., onsite, community solar)
- Maintain awareness of Pivot’s offsite project development pipeline to anticipate how upcoming projects can be matched with client needs
- Inform tactical and strategic project development planning to shape project pipeline around observed needs and interests from the voluntary corporate renewable energy buyer community
- Work closely with related internal teams to integrate and catalyze Pivot’s offsite solutions offer
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Collaborative with a team-first mentality
- Track record as a developer and/or voluntary corporate buyer in soliciting/marketing and contracting for the purchase of renewable energy, especially in the form of offsite PPAs (virtual and physical) and RECs (unbundled and bundled)
- Experience navigating large, corporate organizations in pursuit of partnerships or sales (e.g., procurement, sustainability, executive leadership, finance, legal, accounting)
- Proven track record of successful advocacy and campaign management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building trust and rapport
- Openness to learn and adapt in an ever-evolving industry
- A self-directed, mission-driven team player who is dependable, highly organized, and committed to helping deploy more renewable energy
- Experience developing, financing, constructing, and operating renewables projects with a preference for experience with solar PV
- Understanding of retail and regulated/deregulated wholesale electricity markets, with a strong preference for experience in renewable energy policies, offtake structures, and utility business models
- Renewable energy, corporate sustainability, and/or ESG consulting experience
- Understanding of financial, accounting, and tax implications of renewable offsite PPAs
- Experience using Salesforce
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The base salary range for this position is $80,000-$105,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s substantial bonus plan, with a target bonus of 50% of annual salary (prorated in first year based on start date). Total annual compensation potential, when including bonus, is $120,000-$157,500.
Pivot Energy is dedicated to providing a great work experience for all employees, placing an emphasis on company culture, and a focus on our people. To that end, Pivot offers an outstanding benefits package that includes:
- Excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company
- Four weeks of vacation plus employment milestone bonus vacations
- Company paid life insurance and short- & long-term disability coverage
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) matching (after vesting period)
- Work from home stipend for new employees
- Public transit reimbursement
- PTO for volunteering in the community
- Charitable donation matching up to $500/year
- Professional development and educational reimbursements
A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.