Iconergy seeks to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to our team. The Senior Electrical Engineer position requires a great deal of interaction with customers as well as other Iconergy staff including Energy Engineers, Sales, Project Developers, Design Engineers (Mechanical, Controls, etc.), Construction Managers, and Senior Management. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be representing Iconergy at customer site visits and conference calls as a technical leader and represent the technical team during Senior Management review meetings. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that the candidate possesses strong leadership skills, professionalism, as well as a strong technical background, and excellent communication and technical writing skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Assist in developing project objectives and goals
- Develop electrical designs from concept through completion of construction
- Coordinate electrical design requirements with architectural, mechanical, and other disciplines.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), International Energy
- Conservation Code (IECC), and other applicable building codes.
- Produce design drawings and specifications using AutoCAD and Revit
- Have expertise in:
- Electrical Power Distribution Design
- Lighting Design
- Standby Generator System Design
- Fire Alarm Design
- Energy / battery storage and solar photovoltaic design (both beneficial but not required)
You will work with a team that encourages and supports you to:
- Work independently and take pride in the work that you do.
- Create processes to complete tasks where no process previously existed.
- Think critically about different approaches and implement the ones that are most appropriate for the situation.
- Practice and refine your leadership skills daily.
- Openly discuss concerns and propose solutions to address them.
The successful candidate’s background will look something like this:
- BS in Electrical or Architectural Engineering OR equivalent design experience
- 8+ years of experience in design of electrical power & lighting systems in buildings
- Must have a current Colorado PE License or ability to obtain Colorado license via comity, and ability to stamp electrical design drawings for permit submission. NCEES record preferred for multi-state licensing.
Special Site Considerations
Working in facilities requires a certain sensibility. For example, you may need to:
- Be cognizant of your surroundings and on guard at all times.
- Adhere to strict protocols established by the customer regarding interactions with occupants and management of your team’s equipment.
- Be ready to adapt to changing situations and the unique considerations that exist in different parts of the facility.
- Treat everyone that you encounter with dignity while completing your professional responsibilities efficiently.
The candidate must also fulfill the following:
- Pass NCIC background check (required)
- Pass an initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests (required)
- Hold a valid driver’s license and provide your own mode of transportation (required).
This position will require you to frequently stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. You will also be required to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
We value teammates who are committed to the Iconergy team and adaptable to potential shifts in the specifics of their role. Our positions are similar to those at other growing firms: they are functions of the marketplace and, therefore, dynamic. We have described the position as it is forecasted from today through the next twelve months. We are constantly evolving our services and addressing client requests that may change the description in a number of ways over time.
Iconergy is a growing performance contracting and energy engineering firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
We are a team of experienced energy engineers, design-build professionals, and problem solvers who come together to enhance the efficiency of the built environment. The Senior Energy Engineer position is central to our ability to retrofit commercial and industrial facilities via our energy engineering expertise.
We deliver value to our customers by integrating specialized technical knowledge with outstanding program and project management and delivery. We strive to see the world through our customers’ eyes so that we can advance their agenda in all phases of design and construction.
Iconergy maintains a diverse portfolio of exciting retrofit projects that build long term relationships with our customers. We offer a variety of engineering consulting services and turnkey solutions including performance contracting and other design-build retrofit services. Our projects include K-12 schools, recreation centers, higher education, correctional facilities, healthcare facilities, offices, and other private, nonprofit, and public sector (state and local government) buildings.
- Health, Vision, And Dental Insurance Plans
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (Personal and Holidays)
- 401k With Company Match
- License/Certification Reimbursements
- Company Paid Short-And Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Stipend
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Performance Incentives
To apply (please submit cover letter and resume).
Please visit https://iconergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52&source=aWQ9Nw%3D%3D
Resume and Cover Letter – Help us understand why you are the right fit for our team.
Tell a story, highlight your most applicable skills, do whatever you think will capture the
essence of what you will bring to the table.
Iconergy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We encourage applications from all demographics and especially those that are traditionally under-represented in engineering and construction.