Project Engineer/Project Manager
The company is located in Denver, Colorado, but the position may be remotely located depending on the candidate. We are currently a remote only company due to the Covid situation and will have new Denver based office in Spring of 2022.
Nikola Power is a clean-tech energy storage software startup based in Denver, Colorado.
Nikola Power has built the Intellect Energy Management System (EMS Platform). Our software helps project developers, project investors, building managers and utilities, design, finance and operate energy storage assets paired with renewables. Our cutting-edge AI/ML platform is gaining traction with key industry leaders and we need an amazing person to help us manage our projects.
We’re B Corp pending and passionate about changing the world just as our namesake, Nikola Tesla, did 100 years ago. Our team is fun, energetic, and innovative. To learn more about Nikola Power, visit our website at www.NikolaPower.com.
The Project Engineer/Manager will manage and drive to completion project(s) implementing our Intellect EMS Software Platform. Key duties include organizing and overseeing project completion checklists, customer and partner weekly calls, identifying, developing, and managing hardware partnerships, reviewing and supervising completion of all project legal documents and implementation schedules. Success will be measured by projects successfully implemented in 2022 and 2023.
- Manage successful hand-off of project(s) from internal BD team to
- Operations team
- Develop and lead project completion process
- Manage customer and hardware partners
- Oversee all needed engineering coordination with customer site, hardware vendors and Nikola Power Intellect EMS
- Work with project partners to be energy storage expert on all project
- matters, interconnection, incentives, hardware selection, engineering and
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in solar and or energy storage engineering and system design. Hands on experience managing renewable energy projects.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Energy storage experience a plus
- Strong software skills (Excel, PPT, Microsoft Project)
- Understanding of Li-ion battery fundamentals and electrochemical modeling a plus
- Experience with construction, environmental and safety requirements a plus
- Passion for renewable energy and demonstrated success in an entrepreneurial environment
- At Nikola Power, we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates e-mail their resumes. Only resumes with a cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. References will be checked for final candidates.
- No phone calls please
- Send e-mail to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line
This position offers a competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses and participation in the company’s equity incentive plan. A strong benefit package is also offered including 401(k) with match, health insurance and flexible PTO program.