Business Development / Energy Analyst
The company is located in Denver, Colorado, but the position may be remotely located depending on the candidate. We are currently a remote only company due to the Covid situation and will have new Denver based office in Spring of 2022.
Nikola Power is a clean-tech energy storage software startup based in Denver, Colorado.
Nikola Power has built the Intellect Energy Management System (EMS Platform). Our software helps project developers, project investors, building managers and utilities, design, finance and operate energy storage assets paired with renewables. Our cutting-edge AI/ML platform is gaining traction with key industry leaders and we need an amazing person to help us manage our Business Development opportunities.
We’re B Corp pending and passionate about changing the world just as our namesake, Nikola Tesla, did 100 years ago. Our team is fun, energetic, and innovative. To learn more about Nikola Power, visit our website at www.NikolaPower.com.
The Manager/Director of Sales will assist all sales activities in targeted markets and customer segments nationwide. Key duties include performing pre-project analysis for inbound projects, both behind-the-meter and front-of-the-meter. The candidate will manage and lead the financial analysis of an energy storage project using our proprietary Ratio tool. Success will be measured by projects awarded in 2022 and 2023.
- Identify prospects, qualify leads, respond to inquiries, assist with proposals and presentations
- Perform follow-up contact with new prospects to collect all data and information to be able to perform a thorough analysis of project economics
- Monitor competitor activities and other developments as necessary to help recommend an effective long-term growth strategy
- Prepare and deliver energy savings analysis and final proposals to customers
- Work with the marketing team in specifying the key factors in identifying target prospects in assigned region
- Assist in the development and production of all sales collateral including
- proposals, brochures and communications
- Maintain an accurate accounting of all opportunities using the company’s CRM platform and provide regular reporting on the state of the sales pipeline
- Attend major trade shows, seminars, events, etc. to promote company
- products and services
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or a related science field
- 1+ years experience, preferably in renewable energy
- Strong knowledge of solar energy and battery storage technology and
- Experience in selling financial benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Strong modeling and analytical skills
- Experience in C&I, MUSH market, and direct sales to utilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
- groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Commercially orientated and well-versed in negotiations, business development as well as bid/proposal creation to include all materials and services to be performed
This position offers a competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses and participation in the company’s equity incentive plan. A strong benefit package is also offered including 401(k) with match, health insurance and flexible PTO program.
- At Nikola Power, we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates e-mail their resumes. Only resumes with a cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. References will be checked for final candidates.
- No phone calls please
- Send e-mail to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line