The Project Development Manager will be involved in site acquisition and project development efforts. The Manager will support ongoing site acquisition efforts, assess solar sites for critical issues related to project development, and from time-to-time secure land through leases with landowners for solar development. In addition, the manager will support preparation of permitting documents, and assistance with project development related tasks will be required. The Project Development Manager will also support Directors in management of third-party contractors, preparation and execution of land use permits, public outreach, and land use hearings. There are many moving pieces to develop solar projects and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and effectively communicate are paramount.
The Project Development Manager will be responsible for the following items, among others, and will be provided with the tools and resources to succeed and grow within the role.
- Evaluate the viability of sites through site visits, desktop diligence review, local permitting process analysis, and review of various site conditions (i.e. environmental, geo-tech, etc.)
- Meet with landowners, negotiate lease terms, and secure leases for solar development
- Assist in identifying and creating necessary submittal documents for permitting authorities
- Organize and maintain files, budgets, and project records using Pivot’s internal processes, databases, and project management software
- Attend community events to discuss solar with stakeholders
- As needed, assist Director of Land Development with other tasks related to project development activities
- 2-5 years of experience in renewable energy development
- Excellent communication and public relation skills, and positive attitude to enhance the company’s reputation through interpersonal interactions
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision who is not afraid to ask questions and take on tasks outside of their comfort zone
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage complex evaluation processes for a significant number of sites to inform sound site selection and decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts within and outside of Pivot
- Ability to anticipate project requirements and address long-lead time items to limit schedule slip
- Understanding of real estate title, LLCs, tax maps, deeds, and parcel identification
- Strong computer skills in all basic programs, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth, and ARC GIS are preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites and permitting authorities
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, make own travel arrangements, and be self-reliant
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$90,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s substantial bonus plan. Total annual compensation potential, when including commission and bonus, is $120,000. Pivot Energy is dedicated to providing a great work experience for all employees, placing an emphasis on company culture, and a focus on our people. To that end, Pivot offers an outstanding benefits package that includes excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company paid short- & long-term disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) matching, four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee Community Solar subscription/rooftop solar program, professional certification and educational reimbursement, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year. A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.
About Pivot Energy
Pivot Energy is a national solar provider that develops, finances, builds, and manages solar energy and energy storage projects that help decarbonize our nation’s electricity, increase equitable access to clean energy for local communities, and provide real cost-savings to American businesses and families. We are fiercely dedicated to accelerating the rapid transition taking place in the energy industry to a more decentralized and cleaner approach to power generation. We are committed to positively contributing to the local communities and people we serve with more than clean energy. We believe global warming poses an existential threat to our planet and that we have a responsibility to help mitigate the threat. As a Certified B Corporation and one of Denver’s “Best Places to Work”, we believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges. We evaluate every internal decision on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors to determine if our actions will result in a net positive impact on the community, our employees, customers, shareholders, and the environment.