The Director, Project Management – Community Solar (CS) is responsible for overall planning, resourcing, and implementation of solar PV ground mount and carport construction projects nationally including project performance, company financial targets, and personnel management. Contract negotiation and contract management techniques will be paramount for the success of this role. This position will lead Pivot’s Community Solar projects and is an exciting high-growth opportunity for any self-starter looking to develop project management best practices for Pivot’s national community solar portfolio. Strong problem-solving abilities are a must to deal with inevitable shifts in project scope, schedule, and other elements of the project lifecycle. The position requires an understanding of the construction business, safety compliance, and the ability to work under deadlines. This is a senior level role with a high degree of responsibility. Expectations are focused on managing budgets and schedules while maintaining a high level of communication both internally and with the various external stakeholders. This position will also require the identification, documentation, and implementation of Project Management and EPC department process improvements.
This position manages of a team of Project Managers to accomplish company goals and includes management of difficult projects that are outside the capabilities of the Project Manager staff.
- Personal management of a team of Project Managers
- Develop, implement, and maintain Project Management processes
- Overall knowledge and daily involvement on all DG projects
- Negotiate, review, and manage on prime contracts and subcontracts
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are met
- Review drawings and specifications and have a thorough understanding of the scope of work
- Develop project execution plans, schedule, and budget
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage all subcontractors, internal resources, third parties and vendors to implement the project execution plan
- Monitor subcontractor construction progress on a regular basis, reinforcing safety and quality with subcontractor and addressing any issues that arise during construction
- Manage contractors and utilities to achieve Commercial Operations Date (COD)
- Coordinate internally to monitor project schedules and assure timely completion of all deliverables
- Assist preconstruction department in developing project estimates and schedules during sales process
- Approve invoices and manage progress billings
- Initiate close-out procedures and prepare close-out documents
- Perform procurement activities, such as quoting and creating purchase orders, and coordinate logistics of material purchases arriving at project sites
- Travel to sites as necessary
- Hiring, performance reviews, and corrective actions
- Assist Project Development in developing project estimates and schedules during development, as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management, related discipline.
- Minimum four (4) to six (6) years related experience required.
- Strong organization, leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and delegation skills
- Strong knowledge of scheduling concepts such as CPM, Gantt charts, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, scheduling software
- Proven Experience managing large ground mount solar installations
- Proven working experience in project management Knowledge in construction means and methods
- Experience and ability to review basic site diligence documents to ensure the EPC scope accurately captures the site constraints. Geotech, ESAs, permits, and interconnect agreements, land-use agreements.
- Experience managing front of the meter interconnections, contractors, and other details related to larger interconnections
- Preferably experience the solar energy industry, community solar specifically
- Experience as an owner’s representative to manage a project per AVLs, installation standards, and into operation phase
- Experience with development, finance, tax equity ownership transfers as it relates to construction’s role in the transaction
- Experience managing onsite witness testing, commissioning, inspection, turnover procedures, and COD requirements
- Knowledge of migrating portfolios of projects between land development, finance, and into the construction process
- Solar engineering experience (PVsyst, Helioscope, etc.)
- NABCEP certification is a preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- OSHA 30 is a preferred
This is an opportunity to become a part of an energetic and fast-paced company, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for career growth. Traveling domestically to job sites ranges from 15-35% of work hours. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$130,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s bonus plan. Total potential compensation, when including company bonus, is $175,000+ annually. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package based on our dedication to provide a great work experience for all of our employees. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company paid short- & long-term disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) matching, four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee Community Solar subscription/rooftop solar program, professional certification and educational reimbursement, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year. A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.
About Pivot Energy
Pivot Energy is a national solar provider that develops, finances, builds, and manages solar energy and energy storage projects that help decarbonize our nation’s electricity, increase equitable access to clean energy for local communities, and provide real cost-savings to American businesses and families. We are fiercely dedicated to accelerating the rapid transition taking place in the energy industry to a more decentralized and cleaner approach to power generation. We are committed to positively contributing to the local communities and people we serve with more than clean energy. We believe global warming poses an existential threat to our planet and that we have a responsibility to help mitigate the threat. As a Certified B Corporation and one of Denver’s “Best Places to Work”, we believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges. We evaluate every internal decision on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors to determine if our actions will result in a net positive impact on the community, our employees, customers, shareholders, and the environment.