TITLE: Colorado Market Manager
LOCATION: Greater Denver Area
TRAVEL: 30% in region, 10% out of region
COMPENSATION: $80,000 – $90,000 annually + commission
BENEFITS: All employees receive access to our health insurance plan (we cover 75% for
employees, spouses and children), leave policy, 401K with match, and a stock option grant
ConnectDER (www.ConnectDER.com) represents the next generation in US-based grid technology product development. Our mission is to empower utilities and their customers with tools that radically enhance the value of clean grid edge resources.
Our flagship product, the Smart ConnectDER, is a plug-and-play interface for rapidly connecting residential solar photovoltaic systems to the grid and managing them using embedded telemetry and communications.
We currently have a robust development schedule in addition to ramping up manufacturing and delivery of the existing products. We are a small, award winning company with a rapidly growing book of work to support.
ConnectDER is searching for a Colorado Market Manager to oversee regional market development and sales for our products and technologies. This role will report to our Head of Product Marketing and will focus on building and nurturing relationships with current and prospective customers to grow our presence in the Colorado market.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES
DESIGN-ORIENTED THINKER – develops and executes systematic approaches to sales
ENTREPRENEURIAL – thrives on working in a continuously evolving environment where
everyone’s contribution is valued and essential
OUTGOING – enjoys being around people and sharing knowledge
THOROUGH – drives issues to resolution and promotes clarity
DEDICATED – to customers, to partners, to co-workers, and to safety
GOAL MOTIVATED – you close
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of the Colorado solar/clean energy market and will have technical understanding of the electrical grid and solar PV installation. The position is ideal for you if you have an interest in renewable energy, grid-edge technology, and manufacturing and are looking to join an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Leverage knowledge of the Colorado market to effectively execute sales strategies to maximize sales volume and drive targeted profitable growth within territory.
- Partner with the Sales team to determine key goals, objectives, and success criteria specific to the Colorado market.
- Develop and present creative, results-oriented presentations that provide decision-making intel to key stakeholders in the market including distributors, utilities, and installers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and expectations to communicate the ConnectDER value proposition.
- Deliver consistent messaging across stakeholders on company products and technologies.
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Product Owners, and Marketing to provide sales demonstrations and product training and attend events/trade shows, as required.
- Serve as relationship manager between company and customer; work collaboratively to resolve discrepancies and/or disagreements and maintain customer loyalty.
- Monitor ongoing business trends to effectively forecast sales volumes and communicate product/process changes.
- Engage with state and local regulatory representatives to provide education/training aimed at removing barriers to product installation.
- 3-5 years of solar market experience, preferably in sales or installation/connection
- Technical understanding of electrical grid and solar PV installation
- Expert knowledge of Colorado solar/clean energy market
- Proven experience building sales plans and implementing sales strategies that drive results/profitability
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts to influence business partners
- Skilled in business acumen, financial competency, negotiation, and problem-solving
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field
- Experience in utility program management
At ConnectDER we know that a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace is a key to our success. While we seek any and all qualified applicants for our open positions, we specifically encourage those of historically underrepresented genders, ethnicities, geographic, and socio- economic backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates should apply by contacting ConnectDER at email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line and include a resume in PDF format and at least one professional reference