Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The Controller will be under the umbrella of the Accounting department and report to the Chief Financial Officer. The role will be responsible for facilitating the companies audits and preparing financial statements. This role will provide technical expertise and support for complex accounting and consolidations, calculating adjusting journal entries and other duties as assigned.
This position will be 100% remote, part time, approximately 20 hours / week in an independent contractor role. Pay range is $55 – $90 per hour, depending on experience. The position is expected to last for four months.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Memorialize technical accounting advice for complex transactions.
- Coordinate with third parties to complete all required financial documents / reviews including annual audits, tax reporting, etc.
- Provide feedback and support to accounting staff as required.
- Produce and review ad hoc financial reports.
- 7 plus years of public accounting experience. Controller accounting experience a plus.
- Experience compiling financial statements and supporting the audit process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; MBA preferred
- CPA certification
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Contract Position Range: $55/hour – $90/hour.
- Compensation to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at