The Business Operations and Financial Health (Biz Ops) team aspires to:
- mitigate business risks, create operational efficiencies, and maintain financial health for BayWa and its regional teams.
The Accounting Specialist has 1 primary value stream customer –
This role is responsible for communication and on time payments made to all our vendors which includes manufacturers, freight carriers, and general/miscellaneous invoices.
This role aspires to….
- Communicate clearly and precisely with vendors and resolve discrepancies when they arise.
- Continue to improve internal processes and suggest best practices on all account payables tasks.
- Be a valued team member by working collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines and company needs.
- Maintain financial security and risk by following internal accounting controls.
- This role supports the Baywa r.e. organization by providing support to the Purchasing team by maintaining good vendor relations and providing clear communication to the Regional Sales Crew when needed on updates to vendors payables.
This role aspires to…
- Provide support to the rest of the Business Operations team and Baywa r.e. organization by staying curious, open-minded, and a desire for excellence.
- Communicate and collaborate with others to improve and document processes.
The Accounting Specialist does this by:
Vendor and Customer Transactions
- Accountable for accurately and efficiently assisting with accounts payable. This includes posting vendor invoices and processing all freight invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all transactions are reconciled and posted to the correct ledger.
- Research and resolve vendor discrepancies including both interdepartmental vendor communication and cooperation. Audits and reviews freight invoices for accuracy and can create claims or disputes with the carrier when necessary.
Maintains Inventory Financial Integrity
- Reviews and audits transactions related to customer returns, including loss, damage situations. Assists with performing monthly inventory reconciliation and cycle counts with our warehouse team.
Contributing member to Team and Baywa r.e.
Documents and improves processes when needed. Collaborates with other team members and shares best practices.
Exhibited behaviors of the ideal candidate:
- Problem Solving – You are methodical; you are creative; you are resourceful in approaching problems and challenges.
- Hustle – When priorities change or become urgent, you adjust quickly.
- Gumption – You show initiative, resourcefulness, and bravery in approaching difficult, complex, or daunting issues.
- Team Player – You prioritize the success of the company.
- Excellence – You demand quality from yourself and others; the work you do increases the quality we can offer our customers.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience or equivalent education.
- Ability to communicate professionally and accurately both verbally and in written form.
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel is a must).
- Technological agility – the ability to learn and use new software central to BayWa r.e. business processes.
- Demonstration of hustle, gumption, being a team player, and excellence.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
We strive to offer progressive benefits to our employees. We believe that our employees and our culture are the foundation of the work that we do.
- Base salary with monthly team bonus potential. We are an organization that works together as a team to achieve our goals.
- 401k with match
- Health insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of paid family leave (maternity and paternity)
BayWa operates in accordance with CCPA regulations. Click here to see BayWa’s CCPA job applicant disclosure.
BayWa r.e. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to genetic characteristics or information, race, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.