ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Position Overview and Job Description
The Electrical Project Manager will assist in the project design and construction management of renewable energy projects on behalf of Solas Energy’s clients for projects under development, construction, or in operations. Team member will also assist with business development, business planning, and other company driven focused efforts.
- Manage the electrical design, engineering and construction of renewable energy projects. Provide electrical technical support to the project teams.
- Monitor contract performance against project milestones, budget and other established metrics.
- Perform technical contract reviews for construction and procurement contracts.
- Assist project teams with the review of all key electrical project documents and updates owner obligation in the project obligation log. Manage the organization and responses to electrical RFIs and submittals based on the design requirements and contract documents. Manage the compliance review of all EPC electrical project job books for all scopes of work.
- Arrange for and organize regularly scheduled project meetings to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of progress and assign tasks. Coordinate, prepare, and provide regular updates of the electrical project execution plan and schedule including engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Assist Project Manager by providing technical comments on other agreements as needed. Develop preliminary design, specifications and estimates.
- Establish the project engineering, procurement and construction budget and conduct regular review and reporting to accounting on forecasted expenditures.
- Read, analyze and interpret blueprints, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts or governmental regulations. Determine best layout of collection system; including consideration of constraints such as overhead/underground, follow roads/cross country, and junction box locations.
- Support the creation and review of solar array layouts and production reports.
- Review manufacturer’s data to ensure scope compliance, including wiring requirements and electrical characteristics (i.e. grounding requirements, power factor ranges, lightning protection requirements, generator outputs, etc.).
- Coordinate the external bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management. Assist Construction Manager(s) overseeing electrical quality control during execution of project and ensure compliance with reporting requirements under EPC contracts and lender agreements. Work in partnership with the development department to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase. Work with the operations team to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over.
- Support field staff in completing medium and high voltage field inspections to ensure the project is being constructed per the project documents.
- Support project developers by assisting with site specific design parameters and securing power-off take arrangements, financing agreements, equity acquisition agreements and requests for proposals related to the projects/sites.
- Care for and sustain business relationships with multiple clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel to construction sites around the US and Canada
- Passion for renewable energy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility in terms of assignments
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; problem solving techniques; ability to take direction.
- General understanding and ability to use project scheduling software and methodology; Microsoft office suite; strong Excel/Spreadsheet analysis; Zoom; Adobe; AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with construction processes, project contracts, engineering practices, construction techniques, wind and solar plant technologies.
- Strong attention to detail; focus on accuracy, consistency, and quality of work; high degree of integrity & reliability
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 4+ years of relevant electrical construction experience with an emphasis on electrical construction of renewable energy projects
- Technical working knowledge of wind turbines, electrical construction practices, scheduling and budgeting, reporting, safety best practices, bidding and estimating
Essential Job Functions
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, maintain balance on rough surfaces, stoop and kneel
- Ability to speak, write and understand English
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including hard hats, boots, gloves, vests and eye protection
- Drug and alcohol screening may be required on a random basis and/or after being involved in any safety incidents
- See and hear well with or without correction to avoid safety hazards to themselves and others.
- Use a computer, type, and do paperwork associated with job functions
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, salaried, exempt position. This position can be located in the Solas main office in Fort Collins, CO or as a remote position. Salary will depend on location and experience level.
Salary range $80,000 – $125,000
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, retirement, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, statutory worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance, general liability, errors & omissions, activity reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all skills and working conditions. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
In no event shall the job description be construed to represent a contract of employment. The Company maintains “at-will” employment, where either party is free to dissolve the relationship at any time.
Solas Energy Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Discrimination in the hiring or employment of individuals based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, hair style, gender identity or gender expression), national origin, disability, veteran’s status, age or genetic information (including family medical history) is illegal and will not be tolerated. Solas Energy Consulting will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.