The PX/Recruiting Generalist (Generalist) manages the company’s full-cycle recruitment, hiring and onboarding/offboarding functions, and benefit administration. The Generalist also supports the PX Department in day-to-day administration activities and tasks, including Payroll. Provides a high level of customer service; assists and supports PX programs and services, special projects, process improvement, and resolves PX-related issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Recruitment/Hiring/Onboarding (75%)
- PX Strategy (10%)
- Special Projects and Ad Hoc work (10%)
- Benefit & Payroll Administration (2%)
- Offboarding (3%)
- Leads full-cycle recruitment and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions, including assessing and improving processes, providing guidance and consultation in areas of talent attraction, media optimization and recruitment marketing best practices.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings and sets expectations.
- Ensures PEs are up-to-date and in alignment with company needs.
- Responsible for developing creative employment postings to attract top talent, and monitoring job applications, screening applicants, and coordinating interviews.
- Establishes compensation benchmarking for new positions.
- Coordinates and monitors prompt submission of New Hire Requisition forms from Team Guides.
- Oversees ATS, Open Position Listing, job boards and manages the LinkedIn Recruiter account.
- Establishes BWSS interview participants (SME, Peer Group, Team Guides) and coordinates and schedules subsequent interviews.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Performs new hire administration i.e., background checks, employment verification, etc.
- Orders and ships IT hardware and equipment for new hires.
- PX Strategy:
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, payroll, recruitment, PX processes, etc.
- Oversees PX system for ATS (BambooHR), and Navigator.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records.
- Creates, implements and updates PX forms, processes and procedures as needed and for process improvement and streamlining.
- Develops, distributes, and maintains all required reporting, files, documentation, etc.
- Ensures HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, reporting requirements and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law (EEO, ERISA, OSHA, FLSA).
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Benefit & Payroll Administration:
- Manages benefit administration and enrollment through Navigator portal and ensures alignment with Trax Payroll and BambooHR (HRIS) systems.
- Point of contact between employees and benefits.
- Assists with, and acts as back-up for, payroll administration.
- Processes employment changes in HRIS, benefits and payroll systems as appropriate.
- Schedules and participates in exit interviews, identifies, and analyzes trends, and make actionable recommendations based on data.
- Terminates benefit enrollments.
- Ensures and coordinates that last paycheck is calculated, accurate, and processed on time.
- Oversees return of all company assets (IT hardware and equipment).
- Special Projects & Ad Hoc:
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, All Company Meetings, and Town Hall meetings.
- Participates in special projects dependent on the needs of PX and the organization.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducts research; develops and organizes information; fulfills transactions.
- Prepares reports as needed, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, and onboarding.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management, project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and align human resources activities with the business objectives and initiatives.
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality of all human resource information.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate as part of the team.
- Proficient with, or the ability to quickly learn, payroll management, HRIS, and similar computer applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Exhibited Behaviors of the ideal candidate:
- Open-mindedness: You challenge your own assumptions and recognize your biases and mental models; you are open to seeing things in new ways and to others’ points of view.
- Straight Talk: You are kind and direct; you tell people how they can improve in ways that they can hear and internalize; you take input well and turn it into fuel for your own growth.
- Empowering: You create opportunities for others to take more responsibility and grow; you support the growth of others.
- Collaborator: You work with others to achieve results; you find ways to share responsibility and decision-making; you make room for others and still contribute yourself.
- Team Player: You prioritize the success of the company.
- Communication: When you write or speak, you are understood, and sometimes others are even inspired. You help others who are not understanding one another to do so.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of recruiting experience.
- At least three years of progressive human resource experience.
- Experience with, and a good understanding of, labor laws and regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, talk, use repetitive motion, type, and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.