To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to improve their lives.
SunShare started a movement in 2011 with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. A decade later, we’ve created something even bigger – a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
SunShare is America’s oldest and most experienced community solar company. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners and renters should be easy and affordable, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to enjoy clean, solar energy. SunShare is a dynamic, fast-paced and highly driven company, having developed more than 110 MWs of solar projects for both large and small utilities. Our unique focus is developing and operating community-based solar projects. Headquartered in Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
SunShare is seeking a candidate to work as a full time Financial Analyst. This unique opportunity will allow the successful candidate to gain experience in the growing field of solar energy development, learn from some of the most experienced and dedicated professionals in the space, and contribute actively to the growth of an entrepreneurial company making the transition from a start-up to a national enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the VP of Finance along with other SunShare management personnel in creating and maintaining financial models in connection with new capital investments, tax equity investment, M&A, project development, and corporate and project financings
- Analyze strategic and financial opportunities and present recommendations to senior management and shareholders
- Design, build and maintain budget-to-actual schedules, planning and forecasting at multiple levels ranging from project to business unit, providing regular updates and ensure its completeness and accuracy.
- Strong technical capability to build and maintain credit risk rating models for commercial/business customers
- Enhance existing finance and accounting tools, mine existing data sets, support the development of new architecture to incorporate dynamic sales and operational projection models, and create engaging and professional presentations to convey information to various stakeholders.
- The Financial Analyst will also be called upon to assist in general industry research, competitive analysis, RFP response support, and new-market strategy development as needed by the company
- Management of transactional data rooms.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 3 years direct relevant finance experience in either banking or finance • Professional, reliable and diligent
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent Excel skills experience required
- Project finance experience highly preferred
- Sound understanding of financial accounting
- A strong commitment to SunShare’s core values of being Friendly, Inquisitive, Transparent, Results-Driven, and Environmental
- BA/BS degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $55,000 – 80,000 annually.
- Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan, and a generous paid time off policy.
- A complete list of all the benefits offered at SunShare may be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.