The Senior Software Product Manager will be responsible for implementing the vision for Pivot Energy’s software platform SunCentral. This role will engage in a variety of tasks ranging from strategic planning, project management, relationship management, negotiation, and other tasks as needed to support software development. This position will report to the VP, Client Solutions and work directly with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a relevant product roadmap, oversee delivery of new software features, and assess the market landscape for software solutions.
The SunCentral team built an innovative cloud-based platform designed to streamline community solar subscriber management and expand access to solar across the country. This department within Pivot Energy combines the most experienced community solar staff in the industry with the most innovative community solar platform to provide unmatched services, software, and consulting. SunCentral operates as an internal incubator for innovative products and services within Pivot Energy, with the goal to expand access to solar for renters, homeowners, and under-served communities. The SunCentral philosophy seeks to marry technology with human-centric service, facilitate data-driven operations with real-time information, and deliver transparency to all who seek to participate in community solar.
- Steward a compelling vision for the software, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess opportunities, project feasibility, approach, and scope through market research, stakeholder feedback, and thoughtful project planning
- Define detailed software requirements
- Assess and make trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance.
- Drive projects through to completion and provide detailed progress metrics during the build / execution.
- Provide insightful analysis of results post-launch of new features based on client and user feedback
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new software recommendations
- Manage the full life cycle of the product, from concept to feature decisions to timely launch, in conjunction with the Development team.
- Perform market and competitive analysis to support team in developing better understanding of current product position as well as identify trends and opportunities.
- Analyze user needs and feedback and use data to inform the strategic direction of the platform.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge cutting-edge technologies and techniques
- Support analysis of product costs and pricing / profit goals
- Strong knowledge of agile software development methods and experience using them to build/launch new products and features
- Build consensus amongst internal and external stakeholders on product and feature visions, then translate them into product requirement documentations.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in defining, planning, execution, and delivery of product releases
- Support management of executive expectations and presenting information and KPIs to executive stakeholders on a regular basis
- 3+ years’ experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B cloud experience strongly preferred; solar or energy experience is a plus
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business and technology problems
- Proven track record of successful product management, including development and launch of new products
- Experienced influencer with the ability to collaborate well in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and roadmap delivery commitments
- Awareness of modern design practices to ensure clarity of product vision, requirements, and backlog depth
- General technical competency in order to better relate to and support technical discussions and decisions
- Marketing experience or understanding / experience with product launches and go-to-market planning
- Financial acumen including understanding return on investment, cost structures, budgets, etc.
- Examples of cloud-based software platforms managed and launched
- Software product management training or credentials, in lieu of experience
- Experience working and interacting with UX and engineering teams with a deep commitment to collaboration
- Experience building a successful ecosystem of partners and customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit, start-up attitude, and a passion plus drive to communicate and collaborate to design solutions to business problems
- Product management coursework or certificates helpful, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $90,000-115,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s bonus plan. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year based on tenure and our dedication to provide a great work experience for all of our employees. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company paid short- & long-term disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) matching, four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee CSG subscription/rooftop solar program, professional certification and educational reimbursement, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year. A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.
About Pivot Energy
Pivot Energy is accelerating the shift to clean energy in communities throughout the nation, by developing, financing, and servicing commercial solar, community solar, and energy storage projects. We started by building solar systems for small businesses and have since grown to become a national player with an end-to-end distributed energy platform that helps businesses and communities embrace renewable energy. We are a growing company and are proud to operate with a Triple Bottom Line (3BL), measuring our success by the positive impact we make to people, planet, and profit. As a certified B Corporation and one of Denver’s “Best Places to Work”, we believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to operating this way and helping others learn how they can adopt this revolutionary approach to business.