Pivot Energy is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Lead Generation team as a researcher and project originator. This full-time position, preferably based in Denver, will have primary responsibilities sourcing prospects via telephone, email and online resources, conducting market analysis and generating new opportunities for our commercial sales teams.
A successful candidate will collaborate on go-to market efforts and take ownership of their key channels, expanding on Pivot Energy’s reputation as a leading provider of commercial solar solutions. The Manager will serve as Pivot’s first point of contact, engaging new prospects and pitching our value proposition to potential leads. While direct outreach is a large portion of this role, the outreach techniques will vary and will require differing approaches to access key decision-makers across a variety of states, industries and project structures. The majority of Pivot Energy projects are multimillion-dollar deals requiring months of work to solidify, which require determination, diligence and persistence. Commercial solar sales are highly complicated, and each deal is unique… so creativity, grit, and smarts are essential!
Focused on the solar market across several of Pivot Energy’s regions of interest, this role will be essential for growing our solar business. This position offers a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in the solar industry with a certified B-Corporation with operations in multiple US markets.
- Outreach: Make initial contact with prospects, cultivating relationships while pitching Pivot’s services and, ultimately, setting sales meetings for our Business Development team
- Track Sales Activities: Accurately record all contacts and sales activities in our CRM system
- Research: Use web-based searches, industry news, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and third-party solutions to generate new target businesses within Pivot’s primary markets and product offerings
- Analyze: Collect and analyze market data to elicit viable customers and channels
- Assess: Conduct preliminary assessments of prospects to validate solar feasibility across multiple criterion
- Network: Attend events and conferences with networking opportunities; get involved in industry and community groups; establishing personal networks
- Learn: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Be Creative: Continually look for new and unique ways to harvest opportunities in new regions, customers and industries
- Collaborate: Work with the Business Development, Marketing, and Project Analysis teams to get complex commercial solar deals done!
The Manager’s primary qualifications include demonstrated abilities to conduct market and data research, analyze the results, assess prospect viability, and initiate direct contact. Once a prospect has been uncovered, the Manager will be the first point of contact to convey Pivot’s value proposition, describe the product, understand customer goals and suitability, and initiate the sale. As a result, keys to this role are qualitative capabilities, the ability to convey complex information succinctly and effectively, the ability to learn quickly, develop creative solutions, and overcome hurdles while working both alone and as part of a team. Prior experience in the solar industry is a plus, along with strong analytical skills, natural sales ability, and a passion for clean energy. Inside sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building trust and rapport
- High degree of proficiency with online search tools, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Earth, and the Microsoft Office software suite; willingness to learn other software applications including Zoho, Asana and others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and customer deliverables
- Positive attitude, persistence and pride in your work as well as integrity to represent Pivot Energy well
- Passion to learn new things through self-study and structured settings
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work autonomously while managing time and schedule
- Previous commercial solar sales strongly encouraged
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000-85,000 depending on relevant experience, along with eligibility for the company’s profit-sharing plan. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year based on tenure and our dedication to provide a great work experience for all of our employees. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company paid short- & long-term disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) matching, four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee CSG subscription/rooftop solar program, professional certification and educational reimbursement, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year. A complete list of all the benefits Pivot offers may be provided upon request.
About Pivot Energy
Pivot Energy is accelerating the shift to clean energy in communities throughout the nation, by developing, financing, and servicing commercial solar, community solar, and energy storage projects. We started by building solar systems for small businesses and have since grown to become a national player with an end-to-end distributed energy platform that helps businesses and communities embrace renewable energy. We are a growing company and are proud to operate with a Triple Bottom Line (3BL), measuring our success by the positive impact we make to people, planet, and profit. As a certified B Corporation and one of Denver’s “Best Places to Work”, we believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to operating this way and helping others learn how they can adopt this revolutionary approach to business.