What is the SolarCorps Fellowship Program… GRID Alternatives’ SolarCorps Fellowship Program is an opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join GRID Alternatives for a 11-month term. In this position you will gain valuable experience in the solar and non-profit industry to help launch your career while making significant contributions to GRID Alternatives and the broader community. More than 300 people have completed the program. Program Training and Professional Development:
- Pre-Service Orientation
- Mid-year Fellowship Training Retreat
- Monthly Calls/Online Collaboration
- Quarterly Check-Ins
The Opportunity… We are seeking a full-time SolarCorps Workforce Development Fellow to engage with the workforce and volunteer team to support GRID’s workforce development initiatives. Fellows will get training and supervision from GRID Alternatives’ regional staff. Fellows will gain a broad range of skills and experience to qualify for a range of different renewable energy and nonprofit careers, while helping under-resourced families receive solar services from GRID Alternatives.
- Enters contact and organization info in Salesforce
- Networks with solar industry employers
- Facilitates field lessons, workshops, for trainees
- Handles IBT orientations
- Presents solar futures modules
- Assists in developing activities to better train, assist and retain volunteers
- Coordinates projects for Installation Basics Training trainees and solar futures groups
- Build and maintain partnerships with local job training organizations, workforce development partners and the general public in regard to Solar Futures Programming
- Update data to track workforce development efforts
- Research and develop best practices to enhance the overall efficacy of GRID Alternatives’ regional office workforce development programs, both through our network and with key constituencies and targeted communities
- Assist in managing Solar Spring Break
- Participation in recruitment, selection and management of GRID Alternatives’ regional office Workforce Development participants
- Coordinate and organize volunteer communications
- Conduct volunteer orientations for new program participants
- Schedule volunteers on GRID Alternatives’ projects
- And other duties as necessary to support the local volunteer and job trainee program.
What you need to bring to this role…
- Build and maintain partnerships with local job training organizations, workforce development partners and the general public.
- Develop systems to track our workforce development efforts more rigorously including the ability to track the number of GRID Alternatives participants who go on to find employment in the green jobs sector.
- Build relationships with local and national solar installers to help connect trainees with job opportunities.
- Research and develop best practices to enhance the overall efficacy of GRID Alternatives’ regional office workforce development programs, both through our network and with key constituencies and targeted communities.
- Assist in managing participant workdays.
- Participation in recruitment, selection and management of GRID Alternatives’ regional office Workforce Development participants.
- Recruit and manage local participants and job trainees.
- Coordinate and organize participant communications.
- Conduct participant orientations for new program participants.
- Schedule participants on GRID Alternatives’ projects.
- Serving as primary contact and support for the local participant base.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change and bring ideas and energy to a rapidly evolving organization.
- Interest and enthusiasm for renewable energy, community development, helping families and communities in need.
- Clean, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, you may need to have access to a vehicle to transport yourself to and from installation sites and may be required to work remotely.
- When working remotely, you must have access to a reliable internet. GRID will provide a laptop, charger, headset when remote working is required.
It would be great if you also had…
- Fluency in Spanish
Let’s Talk Money…
- $16/hour 11 months (Tue, Sept 7, 2021 – Fri July 29, 2022)
- Professional development opportunities and funds (based on approval of supervisor)
How we take care of you…
- Up to 22 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) based on accrual
- 12 holidays observed by GRID
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), STD, LTD insurance
What will be your schedule…
- Fellows average 40 hours per week.
- Some positions require weekend, early morning, and evening schedules.
Where you will sit & the places you may go… GRID Alternatives Colorado in Denver, Colorado This position may require some travel throughout the region. Ready to Apply? Submit both a resume and cover letter online at https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions. Mailed and emailed applications are not accepted. Due to the high number of applications- please do not call or email additional inquiries. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest in GRID Alternatives!
Go to GRID Alternative’s page to apply.