What is the SolarCorps Fellowship Program…
GRID Alternatives’ SolarCorps Fellowship Program is an opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join GRID Alternatives for a 11-month term. In this position you will gain valuable experience in the solar and non-profit industry to help launch your career while making significant contributions to GRID Alternatives and the broader community. More than 300 people have completed the program.
Program Training and Professional Development:
- Pre-Service Orientation
- Mid-year Fellowship Training Retreat
- Monthly Calls/Online Collaboration
- Quarterly Check-Ins
The Opportunity… We are seeking a full-time SolarCorps Construction Fellow to engage with the construction team in solar PV installation. Fellows will get training and supervision from GRID Alternatives’ regional staff. These members will gain a broad range of skills and experience to qualify for a range of different solar construction careers, while helping other job trainees do the same.
- Assist construction staff in staging, loading, and unloading equipment, including packing and unpacking parts, boxes, and bins from trucks before and after installation projects
- Assist construction staff complete solar installations.
- Conduct site visits to screen potential sites for solar access and safety issues
- Meet with representatives from local jurisdictions to have our installations inspected
- Assist with service calls
- Prepare site visit sheets
- Prepare preliminary designs
- Prepare permit packs
- Process installation paperwork
- Upload site visit and installation pictures
- Help with scheduling site visits, inspections, and service calls
- Maintain organizational systems in order
- Keep project information updated in Salesforce
- Equipment ordering
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to bring to this role…
- Excellent communication skills and able to represent GRID Alternatives positively
- Comfortable being part of a team
- Computer skills (Email, Google Suite – Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to comfortably and repeatedly ascend/descend a ladder to install and service solar systems
- Comfortable in outdoor weather conditions while wearing a mask
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change and bring ideas and energy to a rapidly evolving organization.
- Interest and enthusiasm for renewable energy, community development, helping families and communities in need
- Clean, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, you may need to have access to a vehicle to transport yourself to and from installation sites and may be required to work remotely.
- When working remotely, you must have access to a reliable internet. GRID will provide a laptop, charger, headset when remote working is required.
Let’s Talk Money…
- $16/hour 11 months (Tue, Sept 7, 2021 – Fri July 29, 2022)
- Professional development opportunities and funds (based on approval of supervisor)
How we take care of you…
- Up to 22 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) based on accrual
- 12 holidays observed by GRID
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), STD, LTD insurance
What will be your schedule…
- Fellows average 40 hours per week.
- Some positions require weekend, early morning, and evening schedules
Where you will sit & the places you may go…
GRID Alternatives (CO) Denver, CO. This position may require some travel throughout the region. Ready to Apply?
Submit both a resume and cover letter online at https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions. Mailed and emailed applications are not accepted. Due to the high number of applications- please do not call or email additional inquiries. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest in GRID Alternatives!
Go to GRID Alternative’s page to apply.