To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Ten years later, we’ve created something even bigger – a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner. Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The Staff Accountant will be under the umbrella of the Accounting department and report to the Senior Accountant. The role will be responsible for recording and reporting on accounts payable and account receivables, including management of the purchasing cycle from all company departments. This role will provide support for general ledger closing activities; including preparation of account reconciliations, calculating adjustments, preparing journal entries, and maintaining records in an organized manner. This position will be a full-time employee role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely and accurate preparation of journal entries
- Analyze monthly ledger activity to complete accurate balance sheet account reconciliations
- Research variances and propose adjustments
- Management of all accounts payables and receivables
- Preparation of company bank account reconciliations
- Analyze, prepare and maintain schedules for accounting accruals
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to increase financial reporting accuracy
- Prepare schedules for internal/external auditors in connection with reviews/audits.
- Responsible for other ad hoc reports, tasks and projects as assigned
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Experience with Sage Intacct software helpful but not required
- High proficiency with MS Excel and analysis/problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail oriented, and possess great accuracy and organizational skills
- Prior experience (1-2 years) in invoicing, AP management, A/R management or purchasing beneficial, but not required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation Range: $20 – 24 per hour.
- Compensation to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan, and a generous paid time off policy.
- A complete list of all the benefits offered at SunShare may be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.