To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to improve their lives with clean energy.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Ten years later, we’ve created something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change cost-effectively.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners, and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and driven company developing 1-7 MW community solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for ensuring exceptional performance in SunShare’s existing and future portfolio of operating community solar projects, which will reach approximately 250 MW in several years. They will be expected to evaluate solar portfolio performance daily and optimize project performance on a continuous basis to maximize yield.
While the portfolio is under development, they will also be responsible for participating in the development and EPC process, including managing utility interconnection agreements, to guarantee that all projects and constructed with the highest standards so that production targets will be achieved.
The role will require data analysis, project management, engaging with other asset managers in the industry, and implementation of best practices in a rapidly evolving field.
The candidate must be an entrepreneurial-minded team player capable of recruiting, managing, and motivating service providers and construction partners. They must be a diligent and self-motivated problem-solver with a reputation for consistency and accuracy. It would be preferable to also have experience working with utilities on interconnection and related issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Monitor and evaluate solar portfolio performance daily, deliver weekly and monthly asset reporting to SunShare’s management and partners.
- Identify and promptly schedule any required corrective maintenance, always identify urgency level when scheduling; engage expert PV system and low / medium voltage engineers when necessary to trouble-shoot more complex issues.
- Manage operation and maintenance service providers, technology platforms, and all related services to find optimal solutions.
- Model PV system performance based on design and current weather conditions. Be capable of analyzing actual production versus expected production based on historical and predicted future weather conditions, and capable of explaining results in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Interact with utilities daily to manage interconnections, utility upgrades / planned outages, and any grid issues that arise.
- Support the project development and construction team with data and best practices to facilitate the development and EPC design decisions for projects in the pipeline.
- Coordinate with project development and construction team to synchronize and provide a level of quality control for SunShare’s development and construction pipeline.
- Manage warranties and coordinate all warranty work and claims with suppliers.
- 5+ years in asset and project management, showing consistent career progression and continuous learning.
- 5 years of experience in the solar / renewable energy field strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong relationship base in the solar industry.
- Must exhibit persistence and attention to detail.
- Background in asset management, SCADA and PV system engineering, energy modeling, project or construction management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and / or expertise of electricity markets, utility tariffs, interconnection agreements, solar industry trends, and regulatory policies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work without detailed direction or management; capable of anticipating duties outside of the job description and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Effective communicator, excellent follow through skills.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to solve problems, combined with a willingness to ask questions and work collaboratively.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter.
- Ability to work under time pressure with multiple priorities while able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
This role will include participation in an aggressive equity plan as well as bonus with a competitive market salary.
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.