At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
AES is seeking a technician for its Research and Development activities in the renewable energy and energy storage industry. These activities support innovation at the AES equipment test bed facility, and support commissioning and start-up at project sites.
At the AES test bed facility, the R&D Technician will work with the AES technology development team and our research partners to set up and perform tests. At project sites, the R&D Technician will work with the AES commissioning team to help trouble shoot and tune equipment during plant start-ups.
The position is in Louisville, CO. About half of time will be spent at the test site located about 10 miles from the office. About a third of the time may include distance travel to project locations in the US.
- Carrying out tasks developed by the project teams for the Pilot Plant Facility
- Organizing logistics of materials and services for testing and maintenance activities.
- Coordinating with contractors to perform construction tasks at the test sites.
- Hosting and supervising contractors performing work at the AES Test Bed site.
- Self-performing equipment installations, repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining notes from construction and testing activities and communicating them to the project team.
- Reporting progress and issues to the project team
- Assisting with Technical Installations, Repairs and Maintenance at AES Plant Facilities
- Host vendors and contractors while they perform work at the facilities
- Perform technical installation work with hand tools, wiring.
- Ensuring Safe Work practices at all work locations
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience; broad experience in civil, electrical, mechanical, communications equipment; experience in renewable energy preferred
- Hands on experience in electrical, mechanical and IT trades. Electrical trade certifications preferred.
- OSHA 30 and NFPA70E training preferred.
- Physical fitness to work outdoors for long periods of time in both hot and cold climates that are experience in Colorado, as-well-as the ability to lift and carry a 50 lb load.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The ability to load, maintain and manage software on computers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate plans and coordinate teams
- Detail orientated and shown ability to manage multiple, complex initiatives, acting as an agent of change
Apply Here: https://aes.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AES_US/job/US-Louisville-CO/R-D-Technician_R1044497-1/apply
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.