The Supply Chain team aspires to:
- Support the customer growth and retention goals of the regional sales crews and the company.
The Warehouse Network Manager focuses on overseeing the quality, capacity, and cost of BayWa r.e. Solar System’s warehouse network which includes 6 warehouses managed by 4 different third-party warehousing partners. This work supports two primary value stream customers: Regional Sales Crews and the fiscal responsibility of the organization.
The Warehouse Network Manager is responsible for the quality and capacity of warehouses so that the company’s Regional Sales Crews can trust their customers will receive their orders on time, in full, and without damage.
This role aspires to….
- Ensure BayWa has the right warehouse partners in the right regions.
- Make certain the warehouses have the proper head count to manage volume and that they adhere to BayWa’s processes to ensure quality performance in all areas of warehousing.
- Verify that accurate and proper information is provided to the warehouses at the appropriate time and that the accurate and proper information is provided back to BayWa at the appropriate time.
- Ensure that warehouses have the proper packaging material to package and protect product while in storage and in transit.
The Warehouse Network Manager is also responsible for overseeing the cost and budget of the warehouse network to ensure warehousing decisions are fiscally responsible.
This role aspires to…
- Achieve targets related to product being received, stored, and shipped out accurately, on time, in full, and without damage while balancing the cost of warehousing and packaging.
The Warehouse Network Manager does this by –
Managing the warehouse network
Managing the entirety of the warehouse life cycle – including finding, choosing, and onboarding new warehouses, managing current warehouse partnerships, and closing of current warehouse locations as needed.
Monitoring performance and capacity
Collaborate with current warehouses on resource needs (including personnel, hardware, and software) and ensuring those resources are trained and setup within the scope of BayWa’s needs and processes.
Work with warehouse operators and managers to ensure adherence to BayWa’s processes and quality standards as volume changes over time.
Overseeing Information Management
Collaborate with warehouse to ensure they have all the information they need to inbound, store, and ship product and understand how to properly use that information.
Manage the relationship with all hardware and software providers (including WAERlinx) to support the daily work of the warehouses and to implement hardware and software usage (including WAERlinx) with other warehouses.
Work together with the Logistics Lead to ensure the coordination of warehouses and carrier partners for a seamless handoff of product.
Evaluating outbound packaging solutions
Research, implement, and regularly review BayWa’s packaging material to ensure warehouses are complying with BayWa’s policies, to increase security of product in transit, and reduce waste and cost when possible.
Exhibited behaviors of the ideal candidate:
Excellence – You demand quality from yourself and others; the work you do increases the quality we can offer our customers.
Partnership – You balance the needs of our organizations and our customers’ or vendors’ needs. Your actions set and fulfill clear expectations; you build trust.
Teacher – You help others understand things in new ways; you help others learn in ways that are most effective for them.
Dependable – Others can depend on you for your consistent contributions to the team.
Communication – When you write or speak, you are understood, and sometimes others are even inspired. You help others who are not understanding one another to do so.
- Able to legally work within the U.S.
- High speed internet connection and home office capability.
- 2 years of experience working with warehouses or in distribution.
We strive to offer progressive benefits to our employees. We believe that our employees and our culture are the foundation of the work that we do.
o Base salary with monthly team bonus potential. We are an organization that works together as a team to achieve our goals.
o 401k with employer match
o Health insurance
o Unlimited PTO
o 12 weeks of paid family leave (maternity and paternity)
BayWa operates in accordance with CCPA regulations. Click here to see BayWa’s CCPA job applicant disclosure.
BayWa r.e. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to genetic characteristics or information, race, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.