Hyde Engineering Services, Inc. is a boutique design engineering services company for the electric power industry. The projects we work on are first-of-their-kind advanced energy projects ranging from utility-scale battery storage to microgrids to machine learning for energy markets. Our goal is to facilitate a global change in energy infrastructure with smart and connected projects that exceed our customers’ expectations. This job is an opportunity to learn about the present and future of the electric power industry, and contribute to its change.
We are looking for a dynamic electrical engineer with customer and project management experience to help lead the engineering team to greater success. HES is growing fast and we’re looking for someone to take over the day-to-day management of the engineering team which delivers high quality electrical engineering designs for renewables interconnection and construction. We’re also hoping this individual will bring new engineering skillsets to the team. This is a great opportunity for an early-career engineering manager with electric power engineering experience to refine their skills, expand their responsibility, and help build an exceptional team. Specific tasks include:
- Directly manage existing customer relationships to define new SOW’s and then turn those SOW’s into completed work products
- Initiate projects internally and manage the existing team of engineers and external consultants to execute on customer scope
- Provide project engineering design support as needed
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or similar (Required)
- 3+ years experience working in a corporate engineering environment (Required)
- Experience/coursework/familiarity with electric power systems, preferably with inverter-based generation systems (Required)
- Experience managing customer relationships (Required)
- Experience managing engineering teams (Required)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including experience preparing proposals, reports, presentations, etc. (Required)
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork (Required)
- Willingness to jump in and work through calculations and design as needed to help complete projects (Required)
- Experience with one of the following: power system studies (load flow/reactive power/short circuit/etc using Etap, Aspen, Powerworld, etc), power injection studies, protective relaying analysis and design, HV/substation design, or SCADA design. (Strongly Desired)
- Familiarity with latest building code and inverter-based products (Desired)
- Experience with projects in California, Texas, and/or the East Coast (Desired)
This position is based in Boulder, CO.
Hyde Engineering Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Hyde Engineering is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To apply, please send your resume and a one-page cover letter regarding your experience and interest in the position to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.