At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here’s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Development Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Renewables Division. We’ve invested in a team of renewable energy experts, that have decades of experience developing and deploying solar projects. This team has a deep understanding of utility policies and incentives, deal structuring, financial and energy modeling, and solar and energy storage design. With diverse informal education, a wide array of industry certifications, and the necessary experience in developing premier solar installations, and we are looking for another forward-thinking member to join the team.
As a Senior Project Development Engineer, your main areas of focus will be project development, project management, and communication across many stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to lead and support the technical development of Renewable Energy projects in our Mountain region.
The purpose of this position is for an individual to join McKinstry and generate conceptual designs for solar PV and energy storage systems that best meet customer needs. This individual will have the opportunity to demonstrate clear and concise communication with project stakeholders, including internal project teams, customer representatives, utility personnel, external engineering partners, subcontractors, and equipment vendors.
As our business grows, we need someone with your skills to lead the development and adoption of internal technical standards as well as mentor other project developers.
We are looking for someone with the drive and initiative to grow into a key member of our renewables team.
What we would like to see from you:
- Advanced understanding of energy/energy savings modeling methods, associated parameters, and software, including but not limited to, Helioscope, PVSyst, Energy Toolbase, and industry-standard battery storage modeling platforms.
- Working knowledge of estimating budgets for Solar and Energy Storage projects.
- Solar or electrical design experience a plus, including an understanding of pertinent building codes; i.e. National Electric Code, International Fire Code, and International Building Code.
- Thorough understanding of Energy Services Performance Contracting (EPSC) preferred.
- Four (4) year college-level training in architecture, architectural engineering, environment/civil engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Six (6) years of energy performance contracting and/or consulting experience required; education may substitute for experience.
- Six (6) years of commercial & industrial or utility-scale solar PV design, operations, and/or project development experience preferred.
- NABCEP, OSHA 30 professional designations preferred. CEM, PE, EIT, LEED, CPM designations a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.