Location – this is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the Mid Atlantic region including NJ, PA, MD, DC, VA, and WV.
The goal of the Regional Account Manager (RAM) is to optimize the volume and margin of sales in a defined territory by being a valuable resource to PV installer customers and prospects in the planning, procurement, and fulfillment of their PV equipment needs. This supports BayWa r.e.’s strategic goals of being the industry’s most efficient distribution company, providing the most seamless supply chain in the industry, and being a thought leader on healthy business practices.
Exhibited behaviors of the ideal candidate:
- Hustle – When priorities change or become urgent, you adjust quickly.
- Straight Talk – You are kind and direct; you tell people how they can improve in ways that they can hear and internalize; you take input well and turn it into fuel for your own growth.
- Decision Making – You understand when decisions need to be made; you use decision-making tools, and methods; you make decisions clearly.
- Growth – You are an engine of personal growth – both yours and others’; you are engaged in being the best version of yourself you can be; you help others be the best version of themselves they can be.
- Team Player – You prioritize the success of the company.
- Partnership – You balance the needs of our organizations and our customers’ or vendors’ needs. Your actions set and fulfill clear expectations; you build trust.
1. Sales and Account Management – 0-70%
- Effectively communicate BayWa r.e.’s value proposition and how it connects to company policies, strategies, and business approach.
- Develop and manage an account base to achieve sales and margin objectives.
- Ensure visibility of future customer activity by generating and proactively managing quotes and sales orders.
- Maintain CRM communications records
- Cooperatively work with teammates on balancing mutual books of business.
- Manage customer expectations and assist in their planning and procurement by communicating inventory availability, sales programs, terms and conditions, and company policies.
- Enter sales orders in a timely manner with accurate information; remain engaged after sales order generation to help remove obstacles to shipment and delivery of order.
- Understand and appropriately utilize available internal and external sales resources
2. Develop New Book of Business 10% to 80%
- Research, contact, qualify and develop Prospects and Leads across the territory. This includes calls, visits, emails, networking and more in proportion to the recipients preferred method of contact.
3. Continual Improvement 10%
- Provide regular feedback internally relating to the “voice of the customer” i
- Implement and continually improve the effectiveness of consistent sales processes, approaches, tools, and metrics to maximize opportunity conversion and forecasting accuracy
- Continuously improve personal sales knowledge and capability
4. Develop and Maintain Technical Industry Expertise 10%
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of solar-electric (PV) systems and components, both utilized by BayWa r.e. and competitive products, to provide extraordinary design and sales support
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the PV industry, markets served, distribution, and industry challenges
- Develop a strong understanding of installer business models and financial and organizational challenges installation companies face at different stages of growth
- Understand financing options for residential and commercial sales
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to design and sell systems based on customer requirements
5. Ongoing Learning and Development – 10%
- Be an engine of your own personal development. This can look like:
- Participation in company projects, Learning is Fun meetings, or Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
- Conducting research on areas of business, industry, or personal/professional development interests.
- Previous sales experience.
- You are technically and digitally savvy.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Ability and willingness to look for root causes and creative approaches.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, kindly, and directly.
- Legally eligible to work in the US.
- Solar sales experience
- Bilingual skills
- Experience with NetSuite
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary with monthly team bonus potential. We are an organization that works together as a team to achieve our goals.
- 401k with match
- Health insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of paid family leave (maternity and paternity)